Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
New Accommodation next to the camp
There is a new hotel that has just opened next to the camp (50 meters). It's called Rawai Guesthouse. It has 18 rooms (some with king size beds, others with 2 single beds). Their monthly rates are similar to ours (17,500-18,000 Baht per month). For more info please v...
Views: 485   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 3:13pm
by Diana Campillo
Farewell Lindsey and Steen
Longtime Rawai friends, Lindsey and Steen, are moving on. They are headed to Canada this Friday. Lindsey has been to Rawai many times and this last time for 18 months! Both of them have become part of our camp, our lives. We will miss them a lot! Tuk and I and all...
Views: 560   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 7:43am
by Diana Campillo
Rawai shirts at the fights
Please wear your Rawai Muay Thai t-shirts at the fights to show support for our boxers. We have many shirts in the gym shop and soon we will have new designs!
Views: 502   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 11:25am
by Diana Campillo
Yoga Classes
Starting Tuesday September 1, 2009 Rawai will be offering YOGA classes. At first the lessons will be held twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. The teacher is Kim White. This yoga will be for stretching and fitness. The classes cost 250 B...
Views: 673   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 2, 2009 1:39pm
by Diana Campillo
NastyThai Girls
This is a NEW Thread about those NASTY Thai girls of Phuket . Many Rawai student's get RIPPED off year after year by the same NASTY Thai bar girls. Every few months I see the same SKANKY Thai Girl turn up @ the GYM with a different foreigner and months later I...
Views: 10998   Replies: 92
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 2:59pm
by davetherave
Kombat Fight Store
Coming soon: Kombat mouthguards are opening up Kombat Fight Store in Phuket Thailand. Soon all the fight and fitness fanatics from all over the world which head to Thailand each year will be able to walk in and get fitted for there custom mouthguard whilst on...
Views: 388   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 10:39pm
by muaythaigangsta
Free Touriast visas
All foreigners who apply for Tourist Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates-General worldwide will be exempted from tourist visa fee from 25 June 2009 to March B.E.2553 (2010). Such arrangement is for Tourist Visa single entry only.
Views: 576   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 3:35am
by muaythaigangsta
j
James
MTP Magazine Issue 7
Have you ever been left bemused by the judging at a Muay Thai fight? Check out qualified judge and referee Tony Myers' guide to the Muay Thai scoring system plus, as always, much, much more... http://www.jamesgoyder.com/muaythai/issue_seven.pdf
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 12:23pm
by James
d
Darius
Neisha
Neisha!!!! Whats happening... are you still going to be around in november?? Steve, Heidi and myself are all coming back.. i think BJ too... Facebook me.. mwah Darius
Views: 434   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 6:57pm
by neisha
s
Sai
Cooking Classes at Cashew Nut
Everyday, except Sunday, if you would like to learn Thai Cooking, you can learn it at Cashew Nut. Cashew Nut is a 30 second walk from the gym. For 1,500 baht, you can learn 3 dishes and one drink of your choice. Breakfast, lunch or dinner meals. The Best P...
Views: 419   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 6:57pm
by Diana Campillo
w
Wayde
Working in thailand
Hey guys Im planning a 3 month stay over at rawai starting from jan, i was just wondering that if i start running short on money towards the end of my trip (or i dont want to leave and decide to extend my visit!) if there is any work nearby that i could maybe pick...
Views: 415   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 9:52pm
by Robbert
r
Rob
Rawai Fighters in latest issue of World Muay Thai Magazine
Hey Rawai....I have been keeping an eye on your webpage as I have chosen this gym for my training in Thailand. I was orginally going to book for December but recently separated my shoulder pretty bad in training and want to heal before heading over. Anyway, I have be...
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 12:27pm
by Diana Campillo
Rawai's youngest student
Short clip of Tuk training Elena, possibly Rawai's youngest member.
Views: 529   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2009 5:34pm
by Diana Campillo
Abs class
The Abs class runs every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Everyone is welcome to join in. Bob teaches the class.
Views: 487   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 7:45am
by Diana Campillo
b
Bob
Saturday Morning Run to Kata
A few of us will be running to Kata on Saturday, meeting and stretching at the gym around 9 AM. Bring some money for water. Should take 2+ hours.
Views: 462   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 11:17am
by Bob
c
craig
start training in december
i am booking my flight in a couple days to come over on 26th december for a month, was wondering how busy does the gym normally get around that time cos i would be wanting a deluxe bungalow for the month. also what is the weather like that time of year? i have been...
Views: 562   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 10:06pm
by Nick
n
Norway
Chai!!!
When is chai(yib's little bro) gonna fight agian???he always makes his fight's awsome to watch!
Views: 524   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 29, 2009 11:31am
by Rob
new construction
We are building new bungalows at the gym. Should be ready in September.
Views: 1754   Replies: 20
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:39pm
by Diana Campillo
a
AC
Dentist
How's dental there? May need to get some work done....hopefully just a filling, but may need a root canal. Quality? Prices? Experiences? Thanks in advance!
Views: 510   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2009 12:20pm
by Diana Campillo
c
craig
@ danny
Hows the form man , right ive been sayin this to myself for the last year and a half that i was goin to go and first off it was the usual , wat gym , how long can i afford to go for etc etc first off i was thinkin the tiger gym as it has a good online presentation an...
Views: 714   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 6:37pm
by Diana Campillo
Little Gina is sick
Our daughter Gina is sick in hospital so I am with her until she gets better. If any of you are wondering why I haven't made updates to the website it's because I have spent three sleepless nights with Gina. She has a bad infection and really high fever. Hopefully so...
Views: 446   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 25, 2009 1:30am
by Nicky
c
Chris
Wanted Scooter/Bike to buy
Wanted to buy not rent Automatic or Manual bike. Must be cheap and in good working order.
Views: 520   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 24, 2009 3:33pm
by Diana Campillo
Saturday Fun at the gym
Watch Jimmy vs. Gary, Saturday afternoon, at the gym. Funny video. Fight Video
Views: 491   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2009 9:26pm
by lmao
c
craig
deluxe bungalows?
can i pre book a deluxe bungalow? when would be best to do this, i will be arriving on 27th of december :)
Views: 438   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 7:02pm
by Diana Campillo
t
tom
film
Dear all, Does anyone know where i could see the little documanterie that was filmed aprox 1 month ago at rawai. there was a guy fiming people training and i would like to see it. thank you, Be happy.
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 6:58pm
by tom
j
James
MTP Magazine Issue 6
http://www.jamesgoyder.com/muaythai/issue_six.pdf It's got an interview with Harley who used to train at Rawai and much, much more.
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2009 4:06pm
by Trent
n
Nicky
Heem's fight videos
Hi everyone, We have been having some trouble with the cd's that Heem's fight videos are stored on. I really wanted to store them on my computer- is there anyone with any of Heems fights on video that could e-mail them to me so that we could store them more safely??...
Views: 401   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 8:56pm
by Nicky
You Tube Blues
I have been trying to upload a fight video for 3 days now... is something wrong with You Tube?
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2009 7:36pm
by Diana Campillo
w
Wayde
Travel Insurance.
Hey guys, Just curious to see if anyone can recommend a good company to get travel insurance through? I'm planning a 3 month stay from jan 2010 onwards. . . i've checked a couple of companies online and it all seems relatively cheap but yeah if a can get some good...
Views: 422   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 8:59am
by Trently
End of Oct 2009
Hi Guys! Recently decide to take a trip to PHUET in end of OCT and drop by the gyms for training Muay Thai. However, anyone can give me a hand for the following question: 1. PATONG or KARON Hotel to Gym - any trnsportaion can be suggest and cost?? 2. The weather -...
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 8:42am
by Lau Man
Calling home
For the aussies out there ...how do i dial home.. whats tha dial code i put in before tha number. Cheers in advance
Views: 367   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2009 7:07am
by Aussie
n
Novan
Considering Rawai
Hey all :) After researching some camps I think Rawai is definitely for me... The thing is I'm going to Thailand hopefully in November with a couple friends and I plan to train. The only problem is it seems that I may only be able to train for say, 1 or 2 weeks at...
Views: 532   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 5, 2009 7:05pm
by Diana Campillo
w
Wayde
Hotels in Patong!
Hey guys, just after any recommendations you may have for hotels to stay in patong? My girlfriend and i are looking to book for a few nights before i begin 3 months training at Rawai.. So far we are thinking maybe Banthai or the mercure (if thats how u spell it!).. a...
Views: 475   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 5:01pm
by Lau Man
r
Rob
Im headin over to tokio this year...any suggestions?
Hi guys! Im headin over to japan to visit some relatives this summer for 3 weeks. Anybody know a good gym there? I heard some of them dont accept foreigners? Some dislike tattooed fighters? I wouldnt need much technical training or conditioning as the time...
Views: 549   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 31, 2009 6:20pm
by Rob
a
aza
Is Thailand dodgy?
hi! Im very, very keen to come and train in Thailand. The only thing holding me back is the rumours of dodgy bag handlers, dodgy people in night clubs and the fact that it sounds like you have to be switched on at all times to make sure someone does slip something...
Views: 646   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2009 3:04am
by Martin Mcilwaine
a
AJ Vaa
Pad workouts
Hello, For normal morning and afternoon sessions,how many rounds of pad workout will I get from the trainer per session(a.m/p.m)??? Thanks!!!
Views: 415   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 3:52pm
by AJ Vaa
a
AJ Vaa
shared bungalow
Hi guys..talofa.. How can I know whether I`ll be getting 2 or 3 students shared bungalow?by random/availability? Cheers.. AJ
Views: 439   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 28, 2009 7:35am
by AJ Vaa
a
Adelia
Chantal Ughi Vs. Claire Haigh Queen's Cup
I saw on Facebook that former Rawai fighter Chantal Ughi has left Tiger Muay Thai and is now training in BKK at the Galaxy gym. Guess TMT is going to be matching up another one of their female fighters against her at the queen's cup. Anyone know anything about...
Views: 1175   Replies: 23
Last Post: Aug 25, 2009 12:12pm
by Ray Elbe
n
norway
training
hey i have planned to come and train with you in december 2009 i will stay 1 mounth that i arrive there i have been training muay thai 7 mounths, i train muay thay 2 times a week here in norway i am 175 cm and about 79 kg , i misssion is that i whant to go muay thai...
Views: 710   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 4:01am
by norway
a
Adam
Pep-talk needed!
I'm coming to Rawai next week and am starting to worry about how I'll cope with it. I'm on my gap year and it'll be my first time leaving the UK by myself. I'm staying for 2 months and my aim is to lose weight, get fit and generally have a good time. The problem i...
Views: 604   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 22, 2009 5:36pm
by Rob
Rawai featured in Mixfight.NL
What I'm told is the biggest Muay Thai and MMA site in the Netherlands, www.mixfight.nl has featured Rawai. Check out the article and photos (more interesting if you can read Dutch!).
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 9:00am
by Diana Campillo
b
bodi
training
hi im thinking of heading over the start of september for two months.iv done some thai boxing a few years ago so i know the basics.im hoping to get my fittness level up and my fighting tecnique better.is it ok for beginners and do you get good trainning and help.iv...
Views: 444   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 6:33am
by bodi
Wet season
It is currently the wet season over there isnt it? Just wondering to anyone who is there right now how is the weather? Cheers
Views: 396   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 10:15am
by Diana Campillo
Training during December and new years eve
I was last at Rawai for 10 weeks from August 31st - November 7th and had the best time of my life. I am hoping to come back in December to make the most of my work holidays for around 4 weeks with my mate Nick who i was with last time. Just wondering how many people...
Views: 744   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 12:18pm
by Darius
Tony's Film about Rawai
Tony, a student at New York Film Academy, spent a couple of days filming in Rawai Camp. He is now back in New York editing his film which will be part of his thesis. There is a trailer online you can see. Rawai Muay Thai from Round Table Productions on Vimeo.
Views: 504   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 11:30am
by Diana Campillo
Diana
Hey diana, last time i was there Danny drove me around to help me find accomodation because there was none at the gym when i got there. Do you still do that? thanks
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 11:02am
by Diana Campillo
q
Q
Laura TMT v Gerri
What happened to Laura ? Why didnt she show?
Views: 426   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 10:59am
by Diana Campillo
r
Rob
Very interesting Video about Glucose vs. Fructose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftheorytopractice.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F08%2F05%2Fsugar-the-bitter-truth%2F&feature=player_embedded
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 12:04am
by Rob
a
Andy
Thursday night, Pinup Girls kata beach hosting Andreas Hesselback party
Hey guys... Just getting the word out, Andreas Hesselback of Sweden is going to be having an afterparty at the Pinup girls bar in Kata. The bar is located inside of the old Kata Muay Thai stadium. Pinup girls is looking to work with local fighters, to promo...
Views: 557   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 5:36pm
by Cherry
new website look
The Rawai Website has gone through a look change and been updated to help make my work easier. I have Paul Johnston to thank for this. You can visit his website.
Views: 497   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 11:44am
by Diana Campillo
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Free Forum powered by Bravenet