Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Considering Rawai

Hey all :) After researching some camps I think Rawai is definitely for me...

The thing is I'm going to Thailand hopefully in November with a couple friends and I plan to train. The only problem is it seems that I may only be able to train for say, 1 or 2 weeks at most because of time constraints and visa etc.

Would this be too short for my training and visit to Rawai? I feel like if I'm only going to be doing 1 or 2 short weeks then maybe I shouldn't just go at all (Because I won't want to leave and be very unhappy my going home :) )

Please advise

Novan

P.S I got a kyokushin background, currently doing BJJ and Muay Thai.

Re: Considering Rawai

Novan
Hey all :) After researching some camps I think Rawai is definitely for me...

The thing is I'm going to Thailand hopefully in November with a couple friends and I plan to train. The only problem is it seems that I may only be able to train for say, 1 or 2 weeks at most because of time constraints and visa etc.

Would this be too short for my training and visit to Rawai? I feel like if I'm only going to be doing 1 or 2 short weeks then maybe I shouldn't just go at all (Because I won't want to leave and be very unhappy my going home :) )

Please advise

Novan

P.S I got a kyokushin background, currently doing BJJ and Muay Thai.

imho if you spar hard everyday and do your own strength and conditioning routine aswell you'll get a lot out of it!

Thanks for your reply Rob.

Do many people ever only stay for a week ? ANd do they usually get much out of it?

The average stay in the camp is between 2-4 weeks. If you can only stay 1 week that's ok. You can still get a lot our of the training especially if you do both training sessions daily.