Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Thailand dodgy?

hi!

Im very, very keen to come and train in Thailand. The only thing holding me back is the rumours of dodgy bag handlers, dodgy people in night clubs and the fact that it sounds like you have to be switched on at all times to make sure someone does slip something dodgy into your luggage/carry bag.

Dont get me wrong, I am a worrier! and have never been involved with anything dodgy but the possibility of being caught up in something illegal against my own will and facing jail time is just too hard to handle.

So guys, how much am I overreacting here, the main reason that I am worried is because I am such a happy go lucky, relaxed person and would be scared someone may take advantage of that!!!

Thanks,

Az.

Re: Is Thailand dodgy?

aza
hi!

Im very, very keen to come and train in Thailand. The only thing holding me back is the rumours of dodgy bag handlers, dodgy people in night clubs and the fact that it sounds like you have to be switched on at all times to make sure someone does slip something dodgy into your luggage/carry bag.

Dont get me wrong, I am a worrier! and have never been involved with anything dodgy but the possibility of being caught up in something illegal against my own will and facing jail time is just too hard to handle.

So guys, how much am I overreacting here, the main reason that I am worried is because I am such a happy go lucky, relaxed person and would be scared someone may take advantage of that!!!

Thanks,

Az.

no problems in thailand...
just stick to your training, stay away from the booze and don't fuck around like a mad man(or at least use protection while doing so) and you will be fine!

loved the title of this post !!laughed my balls off ,generally you wont meet nicer more helpfull people , but hey if you are lookin for dodgy .....head yourself off down bangla road !!

Aza, Thailand is no different to any other country when it comes to dodgy people. All you need to do do is behave the same as you would in your own country.

Be polite

Dont carry anything for anyone else? Any stories you have read about people getting caught smuggling is because they were dumb and thought they would not get caught.

and enjoy your time, You can relax and have the best time of your life, The camp is awesome and the country is the best.

get your self over there and i promise you wont regret it