Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chantal Ughi Vs. Claire Haigh Queen's Cup

I saw on Facebook that former Rawai fighter Chantal Ughi has left Tiger Muay Thai and is now training in BKK at the Galaxy gym.

Guess TMT is going to be matching up another one of their female fighters against her at the queen's cup.

Anyone know anything about Claire Haigh? I saw a few videos of her on youtube and she looks tough.

Any videos from when Chantal represented Rawai?

Re: Chantal Ughi Vs. Claire Haigh Queen's Cup

I think Chantal got better clinch due her reatch, if Chantal stays outside she going to be knocked out baaaaaaaaad by Clair!

seems like Clair want to make this fight happen, read some stuff on some community boards!

its all up to Chantal..

I doubt the fight is going to happen.

Claire has been begging the promoter to fight Chantal...and Chantal keeps finding new excuses to not accept the fight.

Chantal Galaxy Gym Vs. Claire TMT...

Claire agreed to the fight, but Chantal declined...personally I don't blame her...she's lost 3 in a row and Claire would be the betting favorite to make that 4 Ö

go figure...chantal is fighting a random thai instead.

It's a shame Claire and Nicole didn't fight on Friday July 24th. I think it would have been a good match-up.

Claire is looking to establish herself in the world Muay Thai rankings...

Diana...if you get any other female fighters that you feel would be a good matchup for her at Rawai...feel free to facebook me.

Claire's walk around weight is 63 kilos, but depending on the opponent she might consider going up in weight.

Were hoping she gets an MMA fight against Angie Parr next month (both making their debut) but we haven't gotten any contracts yet.

Thanks for that! Wish my walking around weight were 63 kilos!

If Clair is wanting to bring herself up in the world rankings...Right now Nicole is one of the top fighters in Australia she just won a four girl ternament and has already been asked to fight Angie Parr, there scheduled to fight in up coming months.. Nicole fights 57 kilos and is willing to fight heavier apponents, she is one of the most skilled women muaythai fighters i have seen in the sport. Claire is also extremly skilled and would make a very good match for Nicole even though she is a little heavier. i am confused as to why they didnt fight and now this comment has been made about bringing up her rankings.... beating Nicole would certainly help establish that as well as attract Australias attention to her by beating one of their top fighters.
Beating Chantal wouldnt bring up Claires rankings only prove that Chantal never deserved hers...Chantal will only fight people she thinks she can beat she is no real champion up for a real challange with all her bad mouthing and gym hopping...Claire would destroy her.

Good luck to both Claire and Nicole in the queens cup

If a promoter is interested in matching up Claire Vs. Nicole we'd be interested in the fight.

I'm not sure the specifics as to why the original bout was declined...but this is the type of fight Claire is looking for.

Next time Nicole is in Phuket, let's look to organize the fight.

Magicalray@aol.com

Tuk is in Bangkok for the Queen's Cup. Namwan is fighting tonight (against Cara from Sinbi).

Tuk has the program and the 7th fight is Chantal vs. Claire. So it looks to be on and it should be a good fight.

The fights should start around 7 pm. It looks like Dalia is also fighting tonight, but her opponent is not known yet... what a mess! Yesterday at the weigh in, there were many. many boxers and a lot of confusion as to who was fighting whom... hopefully it will all work out in the end... how? It's a mystery.

Chantal took a beating, the fight got stopped in round 4 because claire was basically using her as a punchbag and chantal was offering no offence whatsoever.

Apparently chantal had to cut a lot of weight and she looked drained in the last couple of rounds but it was an emphatic defeat.

James,

You got any of the other results?

Claire showed just how good she was last night.

Threw Chantal, Punched Chantal, Kicked Chantal.

I was surprised she made 63 kilos, We were notified early last week that Chantal might not make weight. (claire said she would fight anyways)

...Great win for Claire Bear. Chantal took a beating, and despite the loss...earned my respect for taking the fight and not giving up. No shame in losing to a better fighter.

Let's try for Nicole Vs. Claire in Dec--->king's Cup

namwan lost on points to cara from sinbi, dalia lost on points to theresa from j.prapa, nico from sinbi lost, cyrus from tmt lost by 1st round ko, jonny from tmt lost 4th round ko.

James
namwan lost on points to cara from sinbi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1CM5uCUrcU&hl=de

Full results here:

www.thescienceof8limbs.com/2009/08/12/queens-birthday-2009-results/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHyLKw5mHc

:)

fight video of claire anyone?

heres the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl6mY5l-vSE

Yeeha fuck yeah!
Thx a lot!

I never thought that i'd be interested in female muay thai fights one day, but with all that background info it's quite awesome!

Claire Haigh Vs. Angie Parr...both making their MMA debuts in the Cage Wars promotion!!

Sep 12 on the Gold Coast, if your in Australia...you can watch the fights on the Fox Sports Network!!

Claire Haigh Vs Julie Kitchen would be an interesting match up.

...I'll be curious to see how Claire does at 63 kilos, truthfully it is a little big for her. Julie and Angie are a lot bigger than her. 58 Kilos is a better fight weight for her...but the offers aren't coming in that weight division.