Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training during December and new years eve

I was last at Rawai for 10 weeks from August 31st - November 7th and had the best time of my life. I am hoping to come back in December to make the most of my work holidays for around 4 weeks with my mate Nick who i was with last time. Just wondering how many people will be there around this time and who is up for a good night out as we certainly are. Kinda strange away from home over xmas but cant wait to get back there and new years eve will be different being away, hopefully alot of people from the camp will have a new years eve to remember.

Re: Training during December and new years eve

Hey Wesley,
I just made a post directly above yours but maybe you could answer a question for me. I just found out that September is the rainiest season of the year, and this is when I'm coming to Rawai. Is it still a good time? Is the sun ever out, or the rain light enough, that I can travel around the country a little bit? I'd really appreciate some advice.

I don't really have much advice concerning your question, but judging from the pictures of parties that happen around Rawai, I don't think I'd be worried about being bored

Spend New Years Eve in Patong you will never want to spend it at home again !!!

Usually we stop classes between Christmas and New year's to give the trainers a chance to go home and spend time with their families. The gym will remain open of course. Ideas for New Year's? Phi Phi Island, and Patong come to mind.

Im heading over to train from 4th Jan onwards however i will be arriving in thailand on the 28th for the full moon party in koh-phangan... plan to get 3 months of partying out of my system in 5 days

Diana Campillo
Usually we stop classes between Christmas and New year's to give the trainers a chance to go home and spend time with their families. The gym will remain open of course. Ideas for New Year's? Phi Phi Island, and Patong come to mind.

Diana,

Do you know the dates the gym is planning on being closed to and from in December?

I will talk to Tuk about it and once we decide I will inform everyone through the forum and in the website!

hola Diana. Como estas?
I'm preparing for my third visit in as many years but it looks like it will be around Xmas time... If we pay for training for a month during december will we get credited the days that the gym is closed for holidays... ie fees paid extended into january???
Cant wait to come back
Darius

We usually just close for Christmas day and New Year's Day and maybe a third day. Not more than that. Anyways, I can go on a case by case basis and discount or give credit, as the case may be.

Good to hear you are coming back.

awesome.... i was at Rawai not last NYE but the NY before but i couldnt remember the situation...