Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
training

hey i have planned to come and train with you in december 2009 i will stay 1 mounth that i arrive there i have been training muay thai 7 mounths, i train muay thay 2 times a week here in norway i am 175 cm and about 79 kg , i misssion is that i whant to go muay thai matches for my club when i go back from thailand, so i wonder can you send me a training program to prepure to come to thai land so i am i good shape and can follow the traing in thailand , running program and food example , thank you ,my email is raam_jam@hotmail.com

Re: training

Ok so you still have a fair amount of preperation time.

If you just want a generic advice then i would suggest to you:

In the first month:
-start running(increase either distance or speed every workout, start slow)!
-do loads of sparring in your muay thai classes and dont be shy trading leather heavy
-start with pullups, dips, air squats, hip raises

2nd month:
-switch from aerobic slower running to sprinting(start with several 800m sprints and decrease distance every workout while increasing intensity)
-again still saprring sparring sparring a lot(more important than focus mitts)
-either increase weight on the above exercises(weighted vest/dip belt), or switch to other max.- strength exercises like:
One Legged Squats(start assisted), One Arm Pushups(againstart assisted), dumbbell rowing, deadlifts
keep reps between 1-6 and go very heavy(start slow though and dont forget the warm up sets)

3rd month until you fly:

-2 anaerobic conditioning sessions per week
-1 aerobic session(ex. 1 mile run very fast)
-SPARRING
-increase weight further on strength exercises and start with explosive strength training the last month to carry over for your sport
(just look up "complex pair" training on the nets)

As you may understand it is very hard to give you tips without some details so if you want some more detailed advice with some training plans:

What are your weak points regarding training(if you know)?

What are your goals(getting stronger, more endurance, agility, explosivness/quickness,etc...)?

Did you train something before and are you only training muay thai at the moment or other things aswell?

if you have questions ask

some other points you shouldnt forget:

core training(knees, kicks, and punches to your stomach can end your night)

neck training(for not getting ktfo so easy)

hand training(dont brake your hands)

rotator cuff training(prehab, thank me later)

agility work(hurdles, 30ft sprints, agility ladder and all that shit)

anaerobic conditioning including: tabata intervals,minute drills with BWE, and so on...

my weakness is in boxing, my hand techinique is not sow good, and iam not sow strong in my arm my arm get tierd fast, but is have just train muay thai 2 months now . i feel that my legs very good strong. i dont train any other sport . thanx for answer

norway
my weakness is in boxing, my hand techinique is not sow good, and iam not sow strong in my arm my arm get tierd fast, but is have just train muay thai 2 months now . i feel that my legs very good strong. i dont train any other sport . thanx for answer

alright then do as said above if you want(just one option of many)

it will help you with the basics, any more questions?

is namsaknoi at the gym in december my coach recomended to train with him if he was there?

Where do you train in Norway? There`s hopefully a trainer there you can give you some advice on how to prepare for Thailand.

Trainig with Namsaknoi is a good advice, and he will probably be there, but if not there are plenty of good trainers at Rawai.

fronline muay thai is the name of my club. loke forward to come and train in thailand it will be honourd for my side . thanx daniel

Namsaknoi should still be here. He has no plans of going anywhere else for the moment! As Daniel says, we have many trainers at the gym who can help you. If you want to improve your hand skills (boxing) then you can train with Yud.

thanx for yhe information diana

hey i wonder if there is someone who can help me with diet promram i am 175cm 80kg i whant to stay on max 73 kg and i whant to be more explosive,

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ten-ways-to-get-primal/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ten-easy-health-tips/

hey can you tell me how long time it takes from karoon or kata to the camp with bike if i stay in one of this plases.? in minutes

If you train at Frontline, Eirik, Tommy or Petter should be able to help you with a diett, if not, come down to Partner Gym and I will help you out ;)

Why do you want to stay in karon or kata? Rawai is a nice place, much better than kraon/kata, i really cant see any reasons to stay anywhere else.
From kata to the gym about 20 min.

the plan is to bring my family with me ,sow i will use my time on training while they will have real vication thats why i thinking to stay in kata or karoon because they had many hotels and resorts there. my club is frontline and i will talk to my coachs about a good diet , thanks for your answer . daniel. do u train at patner or coach?

I teach the beginners at Partner, and train there myself.

Heaps of good hotels in rawai also, no need to go to kata/karon.

can u recomend some hotel in rawai ?thankx