TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holy Days and holidays

I occasionally surf through here and as far as I'm concerned, holidays serve no function other than to allow people with families to engage in gathers where they either enjoy each others company or bicker incessantly. Either way, who cares? Why not just enjoy the day off from work, eat some turkey or ham, and be done with it? As I see it, we can find fault with just about anything in the world if we put our minds to it.

If you say God is a God of Love and forgets that he hates you have mixed even more.

Or so you say but if God really is a God of Love he will not 'hate' anything except those things that oppose Love. If you do not see that you are mixed up because you do not see that love cannot hate. That is why I put 'hate' in inverted commas. God opposes, is sad about, deplores anything that is anti-love but he cannot hate it.

Jesus said that we were to love our enemies. Do you really think that God does not practise what he preaches. Do not reply please with a load of verses where God seems to hate. They just show that the writer has got it wrong/ Lots of people do so far as God is concerned!

A God of Love will not consign anyone to Hell, A God of love would never condemn a person who did not believe in him [particlarly as his existence is not at all obvious] A God of Love would never condemn two people who love each other just because they happen to be of the same sex. The parable of the sheep and goats makes it quite clear what God condemns - those that do not visit the sick and the prisoner etc, that is those that do not display love! Perhaps those that have rejected love really do go to Hell of there own volition. But I doubt that a loving father would not give them another chance - did not Jesus say we had to forgive our brother without limit? I cannot imagine that God would do anything less for us!

Best wishes

Q

Email: mgt.harris@btinternet.com

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG