TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
What I want

Dear Harold,

What I want is to please God. We know that faith pleases God and that obedience pleases God. So I want to be faithful and obedient to the word of God.

The special assignment - to love...How difficult that is in the world we live in, where love has waxed cold and people have confused love with physical actions of gratification. Yet we are to love our neighbors and even to love our enemies. If we can take the abuse and the shame without reviling back again, that is love.

There has never been a greater demonstration of love than that shown by Jesus, the man without sin, who died the death of a sinner and did not hate his killers.

At the same time, love has its rougher edges.

Hebrews 12:6-7 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

Paul seems to be saying here that God's love is not much like our love. Dispise not the chastening of the Lord.

Revelation 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

John agrees with Paul.

Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke is better than secret love."

So you can love someone in the wrong way. There are times when the rod must be used to correct a fault so that they can be perfect in their love.

I will visit your website. You can visit mine at www.voiceofjudgment.org

May I ask a question? What meaneth those strange symbols at the bottom of your post?

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey
New Mexico

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Love = Obedience

Hello again Ron Harvey:
The strange looking letters are my name in the WP Hebrew David font, but it sometimes is not read by different computers and turns out sometimes like this and sometimes different, ƒ¸ƒÑƒâƒßƒÜƒÔƒnƒ´ƒ|ƒnƒÀƒÙƒäƒäƒã. Any way I enjoyed your post it does seem like many people, including those who claim Christianity have much trouble actually walking in Gods true Love, and just live in their own righteousness. Many time s I am tested in the actual walk of Gods righteousness myself. It seems like no matter how much I desire to live righteously Jesus is just so far ahead of me.

Be Blessed, Obey JESUS:
Liberty Harvest Ministries In JESUS
10293 CR 35
Tyler,Texas 75706
witnesstwo@netzero.com
The Busboy:
ƒ¸ƒÑƒâƒßƒÜƒÔƒnƒ´ƒ|ƒnƒÀƒÙƒäƒäƒã
Harold D. Pitts
Visit My Web Site at: http://www.witnesstwo.bravepages.com/

Email: witnesstwo@netzero.com

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG