TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love = Obedience

Hello to all of you, Today I have some special assignments from Jesus, who is our living hope. Jesus is our Salvation and He issues the commands, that we live by, and I speak them boldly to you, my family in the faith. I wish all the best that Jesus has become yours! Apparently some people have been introducing fantasy stories and fanciful family trees that digress into silliness instead of pulling the people back into the center, deepening faith and obedience. The whole point of what I am urging is simply love--love uncontaminated by self-interest and counterfeit faith, a life open, and in true communion with God. Those who fail to keep to these points seem to soon wander off into cul-de-sacs of gossip. They set themselves up as experts on religious issues, but don¡¦t have the remotest idea of what they're holding forth, yet they inflict their ideas with such imposing eloquence. It's true that moral guidance and counsel need to be given, but the way you say it and to whom you say it are as important as what you say. It's obvious, isn't it, that regulations aren¡¦t primarily for people who live responsibly, but for the irresponsible, who defy all authority, riding roughshod over God, life, sex, truth, whatever! They are contemptuous of this great Message I've been put in charge of by this great God. I'm so grateful to our Jesus for making me adequate to do this work. He went out on a limb, you know, in trusting me with this ministry. The only credentials I brought to it were ranting, raving and arrogance. But I was treated mercifully because I didn't know what I was doing, and didn't actually know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And this happened, all because of Jesus. Here's a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I'm proof--Public Sinner Number Two, second in sinning only to the apostle Paul. I myself am someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy. And now he allows me to minister His truths, to those who are right on the edge of trusting him forever and His allowance of this is evidence of his endless patience. Jesus is worthy of the deepest honor and brightest glory He is the King of All Time, the one, and only God, Immortal, Invisible, forever and always. Oh, yes! This work that I do, is the same as you, my family are directed by GOD to be doers of. The Word of GOD that is directed towards you is prepared you for this. All the past prayers are coming together now so there shouldn¡¦t be any doubt that you will do this well, fearless in your struggle, keeping a firm grip on your faith and on yourself. After all, this is a fight we're in. There are some, you know, who by relaxing their grip and thinking anything goes have made a thorough mess of their faith. Phil and Jan are two of them. I put them in the hand of Satan to be taught a lesson or two about not blaspheming.

Now the first thing we should do in every situation is pray. Pray every way you know how, Pray for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and governments to rule well, why you ask? So we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live. He wants not only us but He wants everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we've learned: that there's one God and only one, and one Priest-Mediator between God and us--Jesus, who offered himself in exchange for everyone held captive by sin, to set them all free. Eventually this news is going to get out. This and this only has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of this one God message, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth. Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray--not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming more, and more, beautiful doing it.

Now the question I have for all of you today is, what do you want?

Be Blessed, Obey JESUS:
Liberty Harvest Ministries In JESUS
10293 CR 35
Tyler,Texas 75706
witnesstwo@netzero.com
The Busboy:
ƒ¸ƒÑƒâƒßƒÜƒÔƒnƒ´ƒ|ƒnƒÀƒÙƒäƒäƒã
Harold D. Pitts
Visit My Web Site at: http://www.witnesstwo.bravepages.com/

Email: witnesstwo@netzero.com

What I want

Dear Harold,

What I want is to please God. We know that faith pleases God and that obedience pleases God. So I want to be faithful and obedient to the word of God.

The special assignment - to love...How difficult that is in the world we live in, where love has waxed cold and people have confused love with physical actions of gratification. Yet we are to love our neighbors and even to love our enemies. If we can take the abuse and the shame without reviling back again, that is love.

There has never been a greater demonstration of love than that shown by Jesus, the man without sin, who died the death of a sinner and did not hate his killers.

At the same time, love has its rougher edges.

Hebrews 12:6-7 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

Paul seems to be saying here that God's love is not much like our love. Dispise not the chastening of the Lord.

Revelation 3:19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

John agrees with Paul.

Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke is better than secret love."

So you can love someone in the wrong way. There are times when the rod must be used to correct a fault so that they can be perfect in their love.

I will visit your website. You can visit mine at www.voiceofjudgment.org

May I ask a question? What meaneth those strange symbols at the bottom of your post?

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey
New Mexico

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Love = Obedience

Hello again Ron Harvey:
The strange looking letters are my name in the WP Hebrew David font, but it sometimes is not read by different computers and turns out sometimes like this and sometimes different, ƒ¸ƒÑƒâƒßƒÜƒÔƒnƒ´ƒ|ƒnƒÀƒÙƒäƒäƒã. Any way I enjoyed your post it does seem like many people, including those who claim Christianity have much trouble actually walking in Gods true Love, and just live in their own righteousness. Many time s I am tested in the actual walk of Gods righteousness myself. It seems like no matter how much I desire to live righteously Jesus is just so far ahead of me.

Be Blessed, Obey JESUS:
Liberty Harvest Ministries In JESUS
10293 CR 35
Tyler,Texas 75706
witnesstwo@netzero.com
The Busboy:
ƒ¸ƒÑƒâƒßƒÜƒÔƒnƒ´ƒ|ƒnƒÀƒÙƒäƒäƒã
Harold D. Pitts
Visit My Web Site at: http://www.witnesstwo.bravepages.com/

Email: witnesstwo@netzero.com

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG