The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: trying to find my father and his family

Michael

Did you have any luck tracing back your relatives, if so let me know please.

After looking back myself there is a bloodline in my family that i believe contains a Joseph, Michael, Patrick, Con and Kathleen. born circa 1880-1890 in county Cork, from this line Michael married Dorothy(Dolly).

As far as i know they had 2 sons Michael and Dennis born between 1905 and 1915.

Dennis being my grandfather had 3 sons with another woman, before he married my grandmother who had my father.
My father told me his 3 step brothers names were Michael, John and Terry and they were born between 1930 and 1940.

Being there was a trate for naming O'Sullivan's after first name (grandfather) and Second name (oldest uncle).

There could possibly be a connection to your Michael Joseph O'Sullivan, through the 1880-1890 bloodline or the 1905-1915 bloodline.

Many Regards

Nick O'Sullivan.