The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trying to find my father and his family

my name is michael joseph o'sullivan. I am trying to find my father, william michael o'sullivan, born september 24, the year would be like 1932, give or take a year. He was born in Ennis Quinn. My grandfather's name was Michael Joseph also, originally from county cork. My grandmother was Kathleen, originally from county Kerry. My father also had several brothers and sisters. Uncle John allegedly had a lot to do with the construction of Shannontown. My uncle Con, [Cornelius Finbar O'Sullivan] was a monsignor in Australia. My uncle Bartholomew died in Canada sometime in the early 70s. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Any information on how to get any more information would be appreciated as well. Oh, and from what my father told me when I was little, I belong to the O'Sullivan-Beare clan.

Thanks

Re: trying to find my father and his family

Michael

Did you have any luck tracing back your relatives, if so let me know please.

After looking back myself there is a bloodline in my family that i believe contains a Joseph, Michael, Patrick, Con and Kathleen. born circa 1880-1890 in county Cork, from this line Michael married Dorothy(Dolly).

As far as i know they had 2 sons Michael and Dennis born between 1905 and 1915.

Dennis being my grandfather had 3 sons with another woman, before he married my grandmother who had my father.
My father told me his 3 step brothers names were Michael, John and Terry and they were born between 1930 and 1940.

Being there was a trate for naming O'Sullivan's after first name (grandfather) and Second name (oldest uncle).

There could possibly be a connection to your Michael Joseph O'Sullivan, through the 1880-1890 bloodline or the 1905-1915 bloodline.

Many Regards

Nick O'Sullivan.