Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East New York

I was born at 1415 Herkimer st, attended p.s. 155, p.s. 73, boys high school and city colledge of New York. I worked with my father, Anthony ( Mr Carlucci ) at Tex's Pizzeria. In 1950 opened "Carluccis" resturant at 1845 Eastern Parkway. It closed in 1977. During all those wonderful years I made many friends. The internet is a great way to renew all of those wonderful memories. I would love to hear of as many of you as possible.

Nostalagic,
Carl Bilardi

Re: East New York

When Carlucci's moved to Valley Stream,We also at there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was born at 1415 Herkimer st, attended p.s. 155, p.s. 73, boys high school and city colledge of New York. I worked with my father, Anthony ( Mr Carlucci ) at Tex's Pizzeria. In 1950 opened "Carluccis" resturant at 1845 Eastern Parkway. It closed in 1977. During all those wonderful years I made many friends. The internet is a great way to renew all of those wonderful memories. I would love to hear of as many of you as possible.

Nostalagic,
Carl Bilardi

Hi Carl,

Hope things are going well with you and your family. Have lived in Southern California since 1979. I remember the great food especially your cheescake with the extra powder. I lived at 1409 Herkimer Street right over Dr.Aquavella's office(not sure about the spelling of his last name) Stay well and in touch.

John Camisa

HI CARL
I LIVE NEXT TO TEX,S MY COUSIN TONY BENEDUCE WAS PIZZA PIE MAKER YOU AND YOUR FATHER WAITED THE TABLE.
WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR PLACE TEX SONINLAW SONNY STARTER WORKING THERE THIS WAS AT LEASE 50 YRS AGO

JACK MONTI

Hey Carl,

Remember me I used to work at Carlucci's back in the late 70's. One night my father(Johnny Ice came in around 2PM after we close and gave me a raft of BS for being out so late.

Let me hear from you.

I worked at PS 155 for many years. Teachers and neighbors often talked warmly about the restaurant.
The Carlucci sign is still there.

what are you doing now? Do you own another restaurant.

Carl I said in the 70's I should of said in the 50's

i lived on chauncey and hopkinson but loved tex's pizza.i attended ps 73 so i knew a lot of people from fulton rockaway, east new york area.hung out brownsville area quite a bit also.looking back it was a great time and place to grow up.
regards jack

H i Carl, I'm nancy n john,s daughter.My mom was your mother's cousin.My dad worked for you on sat.nites. I was the kid you made mozz.n eggs on fridays. Hope is to herwell .hope e from you.

alwaysVinnie

I also lived at 1415 Herkimer..just as my sister vinnie said were related. your mom would come over every friday night and bring me a drakes oakmeal cookie and we would watch Perry Mason. your mom also brought me black and white composition books cause for some reason i took notes to what perry mason did.
i still have a green oval dish my dad brought home one night after working the restauant with chicken parm in it. i treasure that dish and the memories with it

Carl, my family lived on Atlantic Ave. and Marconi Place until 1960. We used to go to Carlucci's restaurant for special occasions. I remember that the food there was great and it was a nice treat to go to a good restaurant. In those days, moms cooked 7 days a week so eating out wasn't a regular thing, but when we did, Carlucci's was a regular place for us.

Carl not sure if you read the forum responses or i had to write here. i wrote on the forum board to you hopefully you will ans that..or this after you read that

My parents lived om marconi place when I was born in 1951. I don't remember it because we moved to L.I. in about 1954. Any chance you remember my family ? my father was Pete and my mom was Grace. Maccaroni is our last name.

Hello Carl,
I also went to Boys High (1946-1950). What years were you there?
Joe Di Mento