Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I remember....

hi margeret i wonder if we know each other i hung out on gunther pl from around 1960 to 1966 there were a lot of kids hanging out there it was a great placei lived on the corner of marconi and atlantic above my uncles dinett store the bar had the best pizza my mothers aunt did most of the cooking there talk to you soon frank

Re: Sportsman's Bar

To answer Margaret's question.................my father knew they were all "neighborhood" men, but at the time I had to listen to what he said..........I remember you coming around with my friend, Vicki.

Frank...........what a small world.........I never did get to meet the owners of the place, but I'm sure they were lovely people............

Hi frank, I never did stay on gunther place,maybe my brother Gary did, I did know adele and Barbara and there sister carol.My brother gary went out with Carol. My family moved from brooklyn in l966,but I aways went back to visit my friends.I can still close my eyes and see the sportsman bar..If I remember correctly in the back u can watch them make the pizza.,no one felt unsafe there,the neighborhood men were always respectfull and watched out for the kids.which I was one of...good memories...

Hi Margaret......................are you on facebook?

Thanks............look me up, under Phyllis Isola.

Hy Plyllis, Im not on face book...

Margaret.................ok........so we can correspond through this forum............take care.

Phyllis

Hello Grace:
Did you happen to have a relative perhaps named Connie Marullo? She would have been about 18-20 years old in 1942. She was the girlfriend (or engaged to) of my great uncle by the name of Ernest Calvin Pauley. He was a Navy sailor stationed in NY for a while. The family story is that they met at Coney Island. His ship was lost at sea just a few weeks after leaving NY. We have completely lost contact (since the war) with Connie. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

My family and I immigrated to the United States in 1956. Never met her -- don't think she is related to my family.

my dad stood at the sportsman bar, and many other good people, stood there, , so i would appreciate if you would stop making it sound like a bad place.you can rest assure that the neighborhood was safe, which means you too.my friend. ronnie one arm would deliver the holy comunion every sunday from ourlady of loretta. i was told there was a deli with a cow in the window,which ronnie lived next door. i was baptized io olol.