Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: P.S.155

I remember Charlie Soop. I lived on 2178 Fulton Street. All the kids use to tease him. He was a character (poor thing). Why did they call him "Soop"?

Re: Skippy

Do you mean Skippy Varrichio, the grocer's son? I remember him as a young boy. Why do you say it's a sad story?

Skipper Varrichio lived in the house next door to me on Powell St. near Anthony Gurino down the block from the nun's convent. His father's store was up the block on ENY Ave. He was friends with my cousin Matthew Senatore,who also lived in the apartment building on 56 Powell St . He was also friends with Gerard Vignola and he told me that both of them had passed away.

"skippy" was a nickname. Do remember a guy that used to "skip" down the street and touch the street signs? He also used to show up in church and spit at he Saints and jump around. That's why i said it was sad.He was in his 40's I think.

Re: Skippy - Charlie Soop

Skippy and Charlie Soop are two different people.

I am Gerard's sister. He passed away in 1991. I knew the this skippy was not Skipper Varrichio. You really did get it right. Skipper also passed away.
Most of that crew are gone. Mikey Contello, Skipper, Gerard, Gasper, etc.

Dear Genevieve I was one of the wild bunch from OLL along with Gerard, Matthew and Skipper along with a few others. We had a reunion many years ago of our class of 1960 it was great. If you can please forward my e-mail address to your cousin Matthew I would appreciate it very much.
P.S. When I was at OLL it was Our Lady of Loretto.
Thank You
Michael Scheppa
mykeeey@MSN.COM