Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Church

After reading the assessment of the property it is apparent(as ususal) to "follow the money" and you'll find the motive. With all of the vacant lots owned by the church (and otherwise) in the area you would think that there would be plenty of space for affordable housing AND the church. The Diocese claims that there are not enough people going to the church. It would seem to me that if you are creating a neighborhood that you would also be creating parishoners. Isn't that what happened when we all lived there? I see that the Blessed Mother is gone and that there is scafolding up. Exactly what IS the latest. Is there any action that can still be taken?

Our Lady of Loreto

I agree with your comments. I was by the church last evening and looks like the building is closed. A man sitting nearby thinks the church has been locked up.

Clearly the Diocese of Brooklyn needs to understand how important the church is to the neighborhood.

Any news on the status of the petition?

Re: Our Lady of Loreto

You can read my post number 777 on the petition. Did you read the article from Primo Magazine on this website (News Update)? ...

Re: Our Lady of Loreto

Yes. I read the article. Thank you.