Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pauls candy store

do ypu gus remember pauls candy store. nickle plain homemade lomon ice and lucys it was on the cornor ok herkermer and rockaway ave how about augies grocery store on gunther place and herkermer

Re: pauls candy store

We lived at 1295 Herkimer St., over the Carlisle Press. Almost every day in the summer I used to go to Paul's with an empty glass pitcher and come home with one full of the best lemonade in the world. It was good to eat it with a pretzel rod.

I remember Paul's very well. My grandfather used to take me with him when he went there to buy the Italian newspaper and stand around to talk to the other older men from Italy. What a coincidence that his name was also Frank Marenghi! A little later when I was allowed to go there myself, I would buy baseball cards, pink bubble gum included, for a nickel. I can still remember the smell of a newly opened pack of cards. I had a large collection of 1957 baseball cards. Remember when we flipped cards and you took your opponents cards if you matched his heads or tails? Also, that year, the cards had the player's year by year stats on the back. I spent too much time studying those numbers. :)

Re: Re: pauls candy store

florence don''t know if first message got thru . it's mike martino i remember you and you husband very well. the two of yoou were a great couple. a lot of fun if i remember bill was very tall. and both oof you belonged to the cadets good to see your name hope all is well

hi frank....I remember paul's candy store very well. it was Our little hang out. I lived around the cornor on Gunther place.Augies store was also one of my good memories.

hi bob did you have a nickname i hung out on gunther place 1962 to1966 i moved to deer part long island i was 16 i will be turning 60 in july i am one of those kids that didnt go to loreta i went to public school good to hear from someone from gunther place ihad a lot of fun growing up there playing punch ball and slapball it was a special place when i tell people where i grew up they laugh nice to hear from you frank

Dear Mike, I tried to e-mail you to the address on the member list but it didn't go through.UHKV

Re: Re: pauls candy store

TRY EITHER MMARTINOSR @BLOOMBERG.NET OR MUNIMAN18@YAHOO.COM

hi bob you said you lived on gunther place where and who did you hang with how old are you i hung out on gunther place from 1961 to 1966 i should know you do you know vinnie greco he was a friend thanks frank

Frank. Was your nickname frankie "continental"?

Frank is my cousin so if his nickname was "Continental" that is news to me. :)

hi joe this is frank i didnt have a nickname did you hang out on gunther place i lived on the corner of marconi and atlantic above my uncles store where did you live

Hi Frank
Bob was my nickname, I'm a little older than you 67, I moved out in 1963 after 21 years on gunther place when I got married.
My family moved out in 1972 we lived next to the church at 25 gunther..the big(itchie Ball) maple tree was in front of our house.
We had a lot of fun on the block. Kids came from other blocks to play stick ball,punch ball,with us.
Bob.

hi bob, you may not remember us,we lived at 15 Gunther Place,the building the Cafora's owned,we lived on the opposite side of the church,our parents were Minnie and Tony,my sister,annette's godmother Rosie is related to the Derita's,we have many fond memories of pauls candy store,especially the homemade italian ice,we were unable to attend the reunion,but will try very hard to make the next one,hoping to connect with you soon, Theresa and Annette

My name is Mike Schiano I am Rose DeRitas son did you know my Mom?