Our Lady of Loreto

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Our Lady of Loreto
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any one remember Pleasent Place?

Hi anyone out there remember hanging out on Pleasent Place? You'd be about 60 years old now. We used to live above Joe the butcher and Rocco's candy store on Eastern Parkway. I'd really sove to hear from anyone who remembers the old gang. Fran Baiata Altman

Re: Any one remember Pleasent Place?

Hi Fran,

I remember. Those were good times. I was a couple years older than most who hung out there & hung out there sometimes. I remember you, Joey Guardino, Carol & Monk, Michele, Kathy Tucker, Ann Marie, Sandy, Chicky, Fran Favillo & others. I remember when we were talking too loud in front of someone's house a pot of water came raining down on us.I am looking forward for the Loreto reunion on March 22 since I have not seen you guys over 40 years. I live in California.

Nice memories
John Camisa

Fran,

I remember playing stickball and hide and seek on Pleasant Place. Great street and fond memories. I'm not quite 60 yet but getting too close for comfort.

My cousins had an Aunt on that street, the Pesas.

Dennis

Fran, I remember you and your mom and sisters and visiting you on Eastern Parkway. Kathy Tucker was my best friend when we were little. We hung out on Pleasant Place and Louis Rogai lived there, Donna Rae Terry, and the old man who used to chase us was, I think, Mr. Palmieri - once a lawyer. Dennis Trucchio and the Sassone brothers. Fran Favillo lived across the street from me on Herkimer, as did Pat (Paddy Boy) Pondillo. John Lombardi lived right across from Pleasant Place on Herkimer. I remember Anne Marie, and playing stickball, johnny on the pony and ringolevio, tops and orange crate scooters covered with bottle caps, roller skating, the Good Humor guy (can't remember his name) coming around and the knish man coming around with his cart. Good to see your name.

hi fran...i remember your name...my bro in law is vinny greco...and i'm married to anthony ciervo..he was from sackman st..i was married to john salerno who's cousins were the minichiello's...i heard joey guardino died..do you remember john vasquez...he is my cousin...those were the good times...are you gonna be at reunion...

HiFran, Well if u haven guess yet, yes its me Sandi;syounger sister...your sister and I were great friends and I was always at your house and iin the candy store with Linda. How is Linda, its been years.I live in long Island. I can remember when u and y sister u to chase me and Linda off Pleasant Place because at the time u and Sandi hung out the we were young 12 year olds...those were great days, I will be going to the reunion, write back looking forward to seeing you, by the way is Linda going. best regards, Esther

The last time I saw you was at the diner on Hillside Ave. You should remember me. How are you. Where did you go after the diner. I often wondered how you are doing. I think your sister would remember me also. Remember Grace Ann and Carmella that lived in the same house? Write back and let me know how everything is going. Best wishes, Linda9E78

hi claire this is patty boy,how r you nice to know we reamber the old days it was a wonderfull time.e mail me any time,letts keep in touch.

I went to school with a lot of kids from Pleasant Pl. and surrounding areas: Mary Ann Peppaceno, Fran Favillo. I went to Nazareth HS with Charlie Cachiolla?? Also in my graduating class of 1962 was my best frien Michael DeFeo, Vincent Pilato, Alfonse Mannetta, Diane Vignola, Pat DeVitto, Diane Napolitano...

HI FRAN,YOUR MOM ANGIE WAS SUCH A WOMAN AND DAD RUDY WAS A GREAT GUY.I REMEMBER WHEN DAD TOOK OVER ROCCOS CANDY STORE.HOW ARE YOUR OTHER 2 SISTER DOING?WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO PROV.CLASSI?ON YOUR BLOCK YOU HAD THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER STORE,THE SHOE BLACK,THE TAILOR AND THE RUGGIERO BAKERY.AND THAT WAS ONLY ON YOUR BLOCK.HOW MANY OTHER STORES WERE ON OUR FRIENDS BLOCK? LET SEE IF ANYONE REMEMBERS.