Sons of the Dragon Combat Martial Arts Forum

All martial artitists welcome!

Sons of the Dragon Combat Martial Arts Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: jumping kicks

Saw your picture what are you doing I've seen children jump higher!! and look more like martial artists.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ahhhh.... this question was posed to me several weeks ago by one of my students. He wanted to know how an ol' man like me is able to get the "air time" that I''m capable of.

One of the exercises that I do is "Butterfly Jacks"....

It's like a jumping jack except for this:

When you jump up and bring you hands over your head, simultaneously spread your legs out. When you in the air, your whole body should look like a big "X". When you land back on the ground, your hands should be back at your side and your feet back together, which is also the starting position. Unlike the jumping jack, you never land on the ground with your feet apart.

Do about 10 or 15 of these continuously without stopping. Always land and spring from the ground using the balls of your feet. Your feet should never stay on the ground for more than a split second.

Pretend that you calves are like tight springs.

Another exercise that is good for jumping is "Power Cleans" or "Clean and Jerks".

This is done with weights and a weight bar.

Grasp the bar with both hands and let it rest in front of your body allowing your arms to hand naturally. In one swift motion, jerk the bar upward so that it lands on the upper portion of your chest just under your neck and chin. To do this quickly, you must utilize your calf muscles to get it up there. If your not using your calf muscles, add more weight until you naturally want to use your calf muscles.

To further illustrate this weight lifting techinique, it's the motion the power lifters do to get the weight bar up to there chest just before they press it over there head.

Hope this helps. It helped me out.

To see a picture of me getting a little "air", cut and paste the following url into your browser location drop menu:

http://martialarts.mybravenet.com/lungtsudo.htm

Scott

Replying to:

What exercises are best for gaining height in jumping kicks.

Re: Re: Re: jumping kicks

Naw fella.... I won't tolerate a bunch trash talkin' in here...

If you don't have anything positive to say.. you need to stay outta our website.

Replying to:

Saw your picture what are you doing I've seen children jump higher!! and look more like martial artists.

Replying to:

Ahhhh.... this question was posed to me several weeks ago by one of my students. He wanted to know how an ol' man like me is able to get the "air time" that I''m capable of.

One of the exercises that I do is "Butterfly Jacks"....

It's like a jumping jack except for this:

When you jump up and bring you hands over your head, simultaneously spread your legs out. When you in the air, your whole body should look like a big "X". When you land back on the ground, your hands should be back at your side and your feet back together, which is also the starting position. Unlike the jumping jack, you never land on the ground with your feet apart.

Do about 10 or 15 of these continuously without stopping. Always land and spring from the ground using the balls of your feet. Your feet should never stay on the ground for more than a split second.

Pretend that you calves are like tight springs.

Another exercise that is good for jumping is "Power Cleans" or "Clean and Jerks".

This is done with weights and a weight bar.

Grasp the bar with both hands and let it rest in front of your body allowing your arms to hand naturally. In one swift motion, jerk the bar upward so that it lands on the upper portion of your chest just under your neck and chin. To do this quickly, you must utilize your calf muscles to get it up there. If your not using your calf muscles, add more weight until you naturally want to use your calf muscles.

To further illustrate this weight lifting techinique, it's the motion the power lifters do to get the weight bar up to there chest just before they press it over there head.

Hope this helps. It helped me out.

To see a picture of me getting a little "air", cut and paste the following url into your browser location drop menu:

http://martialarts.mybravenet.com/lungtsudo.htm

Scott

Replying to:

What exercises are best for gaining height in jumping kicks.