Return to Website

Sons of the Dragon Combat Martial Arts Forum

All martial artitists welcome!

Sons of the Dragon Combat Martial Arts Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Essential Elements of an all around fighter

First I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Yo Sato, I am the Soke of the Sato Ryu Ninjutsu style. I saw your post and thought I would add to your views. I have spent many years teaching martial arts. One thing that I have always taught is that the first rule is preparation. Preparation in the since that we are ready to first avoid the dangers and do as we can to avoid being picked as a target, As for when the situation occurs then having the state of mind that wins the battle and gets you home. What I am saying is this. When you fight, fight to survive. Anything go's and yes that means broken ribs and knee's. Lots of people think that when in a fight they should grapple of wrestle. That is a no no. If it happens oh well. But one rule is most inferred here. "Don't waist your time strength and so on. Do not try to over power them. Engage the attacker and get it over Attack and do not let him or her even breath, Use low based kicking, Reason being its takes less time and it will weaken the attacker very fast. Kicks to the lower body is very aggressive and effective. Use you're surrounding to your advantage, Example throw the attacker into a wall. During the two seconds that the attacker is being propelled into the wall finish the attack by attacking with quick hand strikes to the neck and head. The blast from hitting the wall will ensure a knockout. I can keep going but I wont. I will let others reply.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Very true... especially when dealing with all ranges of combat... from stand up fighting all way to grappling, and yes, multiple attackers is also important. Thanks for sharing Ninja

Dragnson

Replying to:

All around should mean solid basics and an understanding of the principles that guide and enhance the power and speed of natural weapons. Multiple attacks, trapping, grappling, and locking are essential along with keeping oneself in fighting physical condition.

Ninja

Replying to:

Ya'll give me some feedback here. In your opinion, what are the mnost essential elments or attributes that an all around fighter possesses? In lung tsu do kenpo, we teach the "four corners of the dragon" being: power (the tiger), speed (the snake), knowledge (the dragon), and attitude (the "beast") is what make up an all around fighter. There are alot of subsidies that go into all four of those attributes of course. What are some of your opionions in this area?