The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The news we have all been dreading.The Magic has dimmed but will never go out!

Dear All
It is with great sadness and a very heavy heart, that we have to inform you of the passing of our beloved Geoffrey. At the age of 93 and after battling respiratory problems of late, he passed away on the morning of May 10th. It was with typical determination and strength of character and will, that he recovered earlier this year from an infection that the hospital had informed us that he was not likely to return home from. They did not reckon with Geoffrey's life force and character though. The following morning he was serenading the nurses with "Hello Dolly!" and a few days later he was sent home.
This latest attack was, sadly, one attack too many. Craig was with Geoffrey at his home with his carers and he became very short of breath and unresponsive to Craig's coaxing and encouragement. He was taken to Charing cross, were the nurses and doctors, knowing how he had made such a remarkable recovery before, did everything they could to keep him going. Sadly his body and possibly mind could fight no more and he slipped away without regaining consciousness. The nurses said he was calm and peaceful.
This is utterly heart breaking, even though in truth an expected outcome if I am honest, it has still been a great shock.
I hope that all members of the fan club family will agree with us, that the legacy, love, skill and character of this lovely, witty, talented and generally charming man, must continue through our club. His legacy must continue and the love that we have for him, can be shared, discussed and celebrated in the future.
Please feel free to post your comments on the forum if you wish. We will keep you up to date with further news.
May his love and magic stay with you and may we keep his memory and all of our dear departed friends alive.

Re: The news we have all been dreading.The Magic has dimmed but will never go out!

Watched him in the 1970s. Loved it. May he RIP.

Town/City Wincanton

Country United Kingdom

Re: The news we have all been dreading.The Magic has dimmed but will never go out!

I have just heard the news on the radio and am heartbroken. My childhood was filled with Catweasle, we loved him.

Town/City Barnet

Country England

It is with great sadness I read just now ,the passing of Geoffrey he was a wonderful man ,I met on several occasions at the fan club ,may he rest in peace

Town/City Surrey

Country United Kingdom

Extremely sad day. RIP Geoffrey x

Town/City Luton

Country UK

Sad news, he will be sorely missed.
I was a adult when Catweazle was first shown but I really enjoyed it and could not wait for the second series. I also have the DVDs so can watch and remember.

Town/City Keighley

Country UK

When I hear the birds singing in the woods I still think he is there somewhere hiding. As a boy I used to go out on my bike looking for Castle Saburac - convinced I knew where it was. I never found it but then that's the magic working. Wherever it is though I know he is still there.

Town/City Southampton

Nay, Catweazle isn’t dead he has just passed through our time.

Goodbye Geoffrey, you made a lot of people very happy with or portrayal of Catweazle, your legacy will live on. RIP

Forever shine tiny sun... and on the day of the full moon.

Rest in Peace dear Geoffrey.

Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.

Oh alas alas. I too have been dreading this news. What a blessing we had in our Society and Geoffrey's place in it. Such wonderful times and the legacy within our childhoods that he gave us. Bless you Geoffrey. Rest in Peace and Light and Love.

Town/City Westcliff-on-Sea

Country Essex

Totally devastated, such sad news.

We will miss you Geoffrey. RIP

love
Julie, Millie, Bebe and Marnie.xxxx

Town/City Grays

The magic will live on, what a wonderful man, the legacy you have left us will forever fill our hearts, I was very privileged to have met Geoffrey several times these memories will shine forever, thank you xx I would also like to add what Carol told me that she had seen a robin shortly after Geoffries passing, this I believe is the spirit, this morning I to had a robin visit me whilst doing some gardening, I felt peace and calm. Geoffrey may you rest in peace, love, love, love as he used to say xxx

Town/City Southampton

Country UK

Hi gang.

Indeed, very sad news but as Carol has already stated, news we knew was likely to come at any time.
I, for one, am eternally grateful that we, as part of the fabulous Catweazle Fan Club, had the privilege of meeting our hero in the flesh and sharing so many wonderful times with him. There are thousands of Catweazle fans the world over but very few have had the pleasure of meeting him at Hexwood Farm and King's Farthing. We have indeed been blessed dear brothers and sisters in magic.

Life's race well run, life's work well done. Now cometh rest!

God bless you Geoffrey!

Our hero has gone .... so sad ... but he will live on ... in our hearts ... and with the timeless series "Catweazle" .... I always said to him: you are the oldest one... but you will be the one of the main cast living for the longest time ... such it happened ... recently Moray Watson died and now Geoffrey will be watching the eye of time .... and I always thought 17 will become his year maybe, as it is a magic number ..... thank you for the love and the joy, Geoffrey --- always in our hearts !

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

here the club is mentioned as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4496210/Beloved-Catweazle-actor-Geoffrey-Bayldon-dies-93.html

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Geoffrey Bayldon/Catweazle
Such a dear man and a magical character.

The dear man has gone but the character remains.

Me and my wife love both of them.
May Geoffrey rest in peace

Love
Alan and Carol

Town/City Mortlake/London

Country England

So sad to hear of our beloved Geoffrey's passing and can only imagine how poor Craig and Carol are feeling right now (love and BIG hugs to them both)...

While my own tenure with this club did not prove to have a happy ending, I will ALWAYS be grateful to Carol, Graham, Craig and The Carpenters I met the day Moray did his 'name dropping' one man show at the weekend I attended for giving me the chance to meet Geoffrey. I wrote, 'Nothing Works' (Catweazle's Song) at a time in my life when I was feeling lost and scared about the future. Coming to Hexwood to meet 'The Crowman' was thus for me a BIG deal - it was as if I hoped Geoffrey could magic some hope back into my life, you know?

I had a torturous time during the weekend because I was so in awe of Geoffrey and SO needed to talk to him and be understood by him that I tied myself in knots and couldn't speak to him at all! I spoke with Craig, who I think sensed my desperation and that 'something was up' and that helped a little but in the end it was down to Geoffrey choosing to speak to ME that broke the ice.

"I like the hat", he said and that gave me my cue to approach him and sit with him for a brief moment. Thankfully, I told him of how I loved him as The Crowman especially and of how he was my favourite Actor. Geoffrey's hearing was not that good even then and so I did not attempt to tell him about the tribute song I had written for him. Having at least 'touched base' with him 'just in the nick of time' on the last day of the weekend I was overcome with emotion and got upset when I spoke to Richard Carpenter's wife and some of her friends. They were all so kind and understanding even though it must have been odd to see a grown man they had never met before in tears. That we are all now mourning Geoffrey's loss is indeed sad but unlike many of us Geoffrey managed to lead a full and productive life and has left a HUGE legacy that shall remain long in people's hearts and minds...

That my friends is a life well lived and thankfully all of the characters Geoffrey played on T.V. and in films are only ever but a Youtube or a DVD away...

R.I.P. Geoffrey - You came good for me when I REALLY needed you to...

Love Tony May (Hatweazle)

Town/City Hastings

Country United Kingdom

Horribly sad news.I am heartbroken.

I never had the pleasure to meet him. I hope he realised how much joy he brought to peoples lives. My 11 year old Grandchild is currently halfway through the second series and whenever she stays she asks to watch Catweazle. She gets it entirely, just as we all got it 40 odd years back.

Very upsetting.

every good wish,

David.

Town/City Molesworth

Country Australia

Sad Sad news. Love and hugs to you all. Peace and rest to Geoffrey. A large piece of my childhood memories go with you. I'm sure Carrot will meet him on the other side.

Town/City Christchurch

Country New Zealand

I'm so sad. I never had the opportunity to tell him in person, how much his work meant to me. Then again, he heard things like that quite often, I guess, so no harm done.It might be our duty to tell coming generations of the time when giants walked the earth, who loved their art and craft, doing even the small things in a great way, spreading lightness and joy for everyone to join.

Town/City Cologne

Country Germany

So very true Marc

Like many others I grew up in the shadow of Geoffrey's wonderful acting. It will always be Catweazle who most captures the innocent times of childhood. As a grown man when I heard the news yesterday I shed a quiet tear. May you rest in peace.

Town/City Marlborough

Country England

Dearest Geoffrey, I can't tell you how very sad I am, but I guess you'd know anyway. One of the sweetest, kindest, gentlest people I ever knew, and such a fine and talented actor. I will never forget the first day I met you at Hexwood back in 2006 - I was a little nervous about speaking to you, but I needn't have worried. Actually you said hello to me first! I feel honoured and privileged to have been counted among your friends for these last 11 years - we often shared a bit of "Yorkshire banter" together! How I will miss hearing your dear old voice over the "tellingbone", but as has been said, there are so many DVDs, films etc. to enjoy. What a legacy you have left us. I don't think I can bear to watch anything just yet, but that will come in time, and we must continue to celebrate your wonderful talent.
Rest in peace dear friend and thank you for blessing my life with your friendship. I'm sure you have just "passed through a portal" and you're still giving joy and happiness to others. I have tears in my eyes as I write this, but am glad that heaven has another angel.
Love, love, love. Wendy. XX
God bless all who cared for him in his need, especially Craig and Carol. You must be feeling his loss very much too.

Town/City Bingley, West Yorkshire

Country England

We are endlessly sad about the death of Geoffrey.
Our childhood was strongly influenced by Catweazle and he has "shaped our lives". Catweazle is always associated with joy and friendship.
Geoffrey will forever be unforgotten and he will continue to live in our memories and our hearts. Catweazle will never end. The magic will live on.

Town/City Wetzlar

Country Germany

It was a very sad message. Let's be grateful he was with us for such a long time. I had the honour to meet Geoffrey twice. If Catweazle would have been played by another actor there wouldn't be a fancub today. He was magic indeed. Let us continue with our Fan Club and keep him and his legacy alive.

Town/City Maastricht

Country Netherlands

Very Very sad news Geoffrey was indeed a truly wonderous man and I am eternally grateful that I had the chance to meet and get to know Geoffrey' he was a true gent and we have lost an incredible talent God Bless and rest in peace and thanks for being you.R.I.P GEOFFREY BAYLDON (CATWEAZLE)the legend

Ian Boozeweazle Baker

I will be brewing a commemorative Ale in honour of the great Man with a starting gravity of 1093

Town/City Lincoln

Country uk

Rest in peace friend x

All thanks to the club for allowing us to meet him and be near to him and for allowing him to see how much people still loved him.

Country UK

I too count myself so very fortunate to have been able to meet such a key figure in my childhood memories.....and beyond.
Rest in Peace Geoffrey and thank you for giving us something that we can always watch to take away the worries of the modern world.
You will be so greatly missed.
Dougxxxxxxxxxx

Town/City Edge of Exmoor

Country England

Re: very sad news.

very sad news. My partner and I watched the entire series last year and enjoyed it so much. No other actor could have played the part of Catweazle, Geoffrey put so much into the role,comedy and pathos,that I was often in tears. Sounds like he was a great character.

Town/City Inchydoney

Country Cork,Ireland