The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fund Raising Christmas Show

I would very much hope to be there, although transport arrangements around Christmas might be a bit dicey - could be a problem if it's very near the actual Christmas Day period, plus the usual family commitments etc. ... Just have to see!

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Sorry to disappoint you Debbie, but it is highly unlikely to be that close to Christmas I am afraid. It is more likely to be the first two weeks of December. Christmas week is too busy for people with the last minute Christmas rush and panic! Also many will be travelling to relatives etc. We will try to arrange a time and venue as soon as we can.

Thanks Gill and Andrew for adding your names to the list of prospective attendees.

Dear Carol, I'd love to come to the Christmas show, please could you put me down. Is it decided where it would be held?

Town/City Cleveland

Country uk

Dear Carol,
I would love to come to the Fund Raising Christmas Show too. Please add my name to the list!
Many thanks,
Irene

Town/City London

Country England

Will do - thanks both!

Sounds like a plan - Francis and I would be keen to come, too. Whoopee!!

Town/City Paisley

Country Scotland

Carol

Can you also put Simon and Lou down please.

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

That's great Lorri and Francis and Si and Lou. - what a great gathering not to mention fun we shall have!!

That's so kind of you all. We so loved our weekend in June and can't wait for the Christmas gathering. Best in magic, Simon and Lou x

It was great to see you both there for the WHOLE weekend for a change !! So glad you could make it. Always a pleasure.

Hi Carol, Mike & I would love to come to Chtistmas show, looking forward to it already. Great to see eveyone at Hexwood. Julia

Town/City Fair Oak

Country Hampshire

Hello Julia,
That's great news - couldn't have a do without you two there, - it just wouldn't be right!!! Christmas party hats already on order!! LOL
Got to say once again what a TREMENDOUS job you did of Castle Saburac Mike - you clever boy you!!! Still looking at it with great joy!

Hi carol dare i ask is it for sale cheers boozeweazle

Town/City lincoln

Well I think Mike is making one for an auction to raise more funds, which we will mention in the next newsletter. So in a way - yes!

The first two weeks in December sounds much more hopeful - better put my name down Carol! I'll "book early to avoid disappointment" as they say.

Country England

Well Done Wendy and thank you.
We hope to have more news about it soon!

I can now confirm that Craig's fund raising Christmas show will be held on December 14th at the Comedy Club for Acts and Actors in Covent Garden London. Amongst other reasons, we thought that this would be an easier place for people to get to as there are stations near by, and I don't think there is a congestion charge on Saturdays so driving is an option if preferred. Also people might like to make a day of it as there are usually some nice attractions around London at this time of year. Christmas markets, the lights, the open air ice rink etc. etc.
Ticket prices and info will be posted as soon as possible, so that we can start booking in advance.

Are we organising a hotel where those travelling long distances, and possibly without their own transport, can stay overnight (or possibly the night before as well), or are we all making our own arrangements? If the latter, people will have to organise their accommodation in good time!

Country England

Hi Wendy,
I think it best to let people organise their own arrangements for this. I would need to know numbers up front to do any kind of booking and probably a deposit which we just can't afford to do at the moment. Plus it is very difficult to get people to commit early as I have found this year.
You are right though, if anyone does wish to stay overnight - please book early! London is a very busy place at Christmas time. If you book early you will get a much better deal. For travellers by car, there is a NCP very near to Covent Garden BUT it is NOT cheap even if it is convenient. There is a Covent Garden tube station nearby for train travellers.
If people want to share their venues etc on here so that people can stay together if they wish, please feel free to do so.

This maybe of help to certain people, I am staying in The Union Jack Club Sandell Street London SE18UJ tel 02079026000 but you must be either a serving member of the armed forces or have preveously served, this includes all UK civil servants, this is not open to the public, anyone who qualifies will have a superb rate for central London and be 5mins walk from Waterloo station.

Town/City Southampron

Country uk

I thought that would probably be the most sensible solution - it might be nice if a few of us could find a hotel in the Covent Garden region? Better than being stuck in a strange hotel with no-one you know ... Just a thought. Does anyone know of any recommended hotels in that area? It could have a bearing on whether I attend or not!

Country England

Try The Royal Adelphi 21 Villiers Street WC2N6ND tel 02079308764 web www.royaladelphi.co.uk prices start at £68 upwards Charing cross tube/main line stations 0.1km the hotel is also 0.3km from Covent Garden, the trick is to keep looking online for offers contact the hotel and try and get a good deal, shop early as december will be very busy, hope this is of some use.

Town/City Southampron

Country uk

Also try Holly house hotel 20 Hugh st Victoria ideal for those coming by coach sw1v1rp tel 0207835671 email stay @hollyhousehotel.co.uk prices range upwards £45 for a single £80 for a doulble en suite also quite easy to get to Covent Gdn by tube from Victoria change at Green park to Piccadilly line then 3 stops to Covent Gdn there are some deals to be had best advice keep looking and book early.

Town/City Southampron

Country uk

Thanks for that, Graham - you're helpful as usual! It's possible that both Sue and I will both be travelling on our respective coaches and meeting up at the coach station, as neither of us are particularly keen on travelling on crowded tubes alone these days! We'll try to decide on a hotel in due course, though as you say, it's best to keep looking and book early. Thanks again, and hope to talk to you soon.

Country England

Wendy and I have booked ourselves into a hotel about 1 mile from the vennue and I found this through www.booking.com which was recommended to me by Simon Wells.

On this web site, there are no payments up front, you only pay at the hotel.

Also, my son stayed in Tooting a few weeks ago with 2 friends. They booked themselves into a serviced apartment via Flexistay. They also have apartments in Central London and they have very good reviews. It cost my son and his friends £160 for 3 nights between them so if some members haven't booked anywhere yet and are wanting to team up with others, that could be an answer.

Flexistay are not the only company to do this, it is quite popular.

Although there was some issue with the door not being able to be locked, the apartment was apparently clean and well maintained.

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

hello to all. I have booked a hotel for me and my brother for the night, it's called the county hotel at 50 pound a night in upper Woburn place. it doesn't get a great write up but for one night we will get by. see everyone there, best wishes, steve.

Town/City basildon

Country england

Dear All
If you have not ordered your Christmas show tickets yet - please do so now as I need to know how many people to expect. Tickets will not be sold on the door, so please just don't "turn up" and hope to get in.
Steve - glad to see you have managed to get a hotel, but I have not had an order for tickets from you yet.
Now we are in to October, we will be opening up to other people other than club members, so be warned that the tickets may go quicker.
Remember this is a fun-draising exercise and tickets are £10 each. This includes venue hire of the club.
Thanks everyone