The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Weazeleze magic weekend

I can never quite believe how quickly our Catweazle weekends come and go - but the magic of them always remains with us long afterwards - I only have to close my eyes and reminisce, and I'm back there again whenever I want. I'm sure that's true for us all. The wonderful DVDs recorded by Jeff Morris over the years and Vince's excellent three locations DVDs recapture the magic so well and it's almost like being there once again.

What a great, and very special, weekend - worth all the hanging around for coaches and long, BORING trips on the motorway, but I wouldn't miss Catweazle for the world. As it is, I always have a clash of engagements, but it's true to say that Catweazle wins out every time! How could I pass by a golden opportunity to meet up with Geoffrey again, not to mention Moray, and this year our lovely Annie too. So good to have a chat with her again.

Geoffrey and Moray both entertained us royally, both of them giving so much of their time and energy. Thanks to Craig for being there for Geoffrey, and giving him the little prompts when needed - you're a star too and your naughty sense of humour has given us many a laugh.

I loved seeing the film and stage clips from Geoffrey's long career - never having had the pleasure of seeing him on stage, that was a dream at least partially realised. I have to confess to having a lump in my throat looking at all those lovely photos from his private collection. Seeing him as a beautiful little fair-haired boy, you'd never have guessed it was Geoffrey if you hadn't already known, but when he was just a few years older I think you could begin to see that familiar face beginning to develop. Oh my, what a handsome young man he became! I bet he captured many hearts (including mine) along the way. And how good he looks now at almost 90 years young! I told him about the 'lump in the throat' as I chatted to him afterwards and in true Yorkshire fashion he said "yer soppy 'aporth"! If you don't come from "up North", you'll probably guess what he meant anyway. I don't think I'm the only soppy 'aporth in the Catweazle Club by any means!

I well remember my first visit in 2006 and feeling just like others in the club who hadn't visited before - but I needn't have worried. Everyone was so friendly and I've made so many new and very good friends since then. I too wondered what on earth I would say to Geoffrey at our first meeting but no worries there either. When I was waiting for his arrival along with several others he actually said "hello dear" even though we'd never met before, so it was a good opportunity to shake his hand and tell him it was good to meet him at last. I just thought "good Lord, Catweazle just spoke to me"! Even better, Geoffrey Bayldon just spoke to me. Afterwards I took a lovely photo of him and we both had a big hug. (My cup runneth over ...) We've both enjoyed a bit of Yorkshire banter since those days, and I'm proud and privileged to have come to know him as a friend.

Finally (thank God I hear you all saying) I must say how good it was to see all the familiar faces again, and to meet a few new ones, and if I omitted to say goodbye to anyone, I'm saying it now - especially Andrew from Australia who came on the locations tour with me in Graham's car - good on yer cobber, and hope you had a good flight back to Oz. I don't think I said goodbye to you either Tony, but it was great meeting you, and I think your "Nothing Works" song on the CD is just great. So love and best wishes to all my fellow weazlers, and can't wait for next June. Thanks as ever to Carol for her tireless work for the club, and to Graham for being such a great pal and for organising the locations tour, and especially for being so helpful to me personally with transport to and from the hotel etc. It's great to have such good friends.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England