The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Travelling to Hexwod

Just in case there are some members new and old making their first trip to Hexwood this year by public transport, I thought I would impart some hopefully useful information on here.

The nearest train station to the hotel is Horsley. Unfortunately (unless this has changed this year) there is no taxi rank outside of it. However, the hotel is 1.4 miles away in a straight line from the station and on the same side of the road. A walkable distance if necessary. The hotel is actually next to Bishopsmead parade of shops which were used as the location for the hairdressers and bookies in series 1.
To travel by car takes approx 4 minutes.

A few years ago I pre booked a taxi to meet me at the station. I got a one man band taxi driver who had obviously had a personality by pass and charged £10 for the short journey

Looking for a bus service on the internet is a bit hit and miss but it appears there is one and as there are shops at the bottom of the station approach, quite possibly there will be a stop there.
If I can find out more then I will post it.

Meanwhile, safe journey to Hexwood in 2 weeks and see you there. I will be arriving at the hotel Friday during the day and probably be around the hotel Saturday morning until about 12 noon if anyone wants to say hello.

If anyone else is arriving Friday, a few of us will probably going the few yards up the road to The Duke of Wellington pub for a drink and bite to eat in the evening. If anyone wants to come along, that would be great.

If I can help anyone in any way, please feel free to e mail me.

Town/City FAREHAM

Country United Kingdom

Re: Travelling to Hexwod

Further to my post regarding travelling to Hexwood, I have now obtained some information about getting from Horsley station to the hotel.

Firstly, if you are travelling there on the Friday, the hotel will send a courtsey car to pickyou up.
Call the hotel on 01483 284211 and tell them you are at the station and booked in as a guest at the hotel. The driver works from 7 am - 12 noon then 3 pm - 7 pm. he will then come along and pick you up.

If you are travelling at the weekend then Axion cars have quoted a fare of £8 from the station to the hotel. Their number is 01483 771444.

See you soon x

Town/City Fareham

Country Hampshire

Thanks Sue for finding that out for us.

I would have loved to have attended hexwood this year but as im going to see the who in London I couldn't make it.anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful time and the weather is magical.

Town/City sittingbourne

Country uk

Robbo, fancy choosing the Who over Catweazle - what were you thinking!!!!

We will be arriving some time on Friday so we may well join you for a drink/grub in the D of W. Looking fwd to it.

Town/City Paisley

Country United Kingdom

Excellent Lorri
Look forward to seeing you then

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom