The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
northern event

As CATWEAZLE is a northern icon, is there any chance, with the fan club based in the north and the man himself being northern that something could be arranged for here? We were gutted at missing the bfi night, and its a long schlep for ppl with no car!

Country uk

Re: northern event

The Fan Club isn't based in the North I am afraid. The two founder members come from the North and South.One is in Lancashire and one is in Sussex.
The series were filmed in Surrey and Hertfordshire which is why the weekends are held here. Fans are invited to "Hexwood" and have the opportunity to see the barn and go on a location tour of the main areas and locations which is important to a lot of fans.The same goes for Hertfordshire.
I understand the problem people have with travelling and costs etc. but it's just the way it is. The committee would gladly consider anything you may have in mind which can be done in the North with regard to a Catweazle event. We even considered a Catweazle "Conjuring the spirits" Halloween at a haunted venue in the North. But 2 things must be in place to do that Firstly, support for the event. There must be enough people wanting to do it to justify the organisation and secondly the funds to be able to do it must be there too.
So please do let us know if you have some ideas, we always welcome them and will carry them out if possible.

Re: northern event

Guess I didnt make it clear I was having such a time getting it to post anything! I know all about hexwood, and all the other catweazle events, (can even help fill in s few blanks in the page about catweazles phrases!) but I was referring to the newspaper articles, one fairly recent one quite old, both stating that the north west has lots of fan members here. By event I dont mean anything as big as hexwood, but a sort of gathering of selected members, to meet up at a place (perhaps of geoffreys choosing) that could look the part but still allow for some fun and games catweazle style before ending the day listening to the man himself either in a q+a sort of thing or just getting to spend time with him Im sure all fans would love that in a setting befitting the age! Most younger fans would ask for a webcast I guess, if someone tech savvy could help at his end. Sadly though most great actors from the north have had to move south for work.
So sad about Elspet saw a great early photo of her with Moray in the guardian. A convent girl too!

Country uk