The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Two episodes not written by Richard Carpenter?

Hi,

I've done a search for this information and don't believe it's been asked before on the forum. In an online interview Geoffrey states that two season two episodes weren't written by Richard Carpenter due to time constraints.

Is there any information to which two he's referring, and who wrote them? The title sequences all credit Richard.

Thank you.

Re: Two episodes not written by Richard Carpenter?

I'm referring to these comments if people haven't seen the interview, incidentally:

"There are two episodes I felt that with; the rest I think are lovely. I thought they were dreadful, but they were not written by Richard. They were written when we were behind."

http://totalscifionline.com/interviews/4823-geoffrey-bayldon-pop-goes-the-weazle

Well one of them I suspect was the Enchanted King. Geoffrey hated that because it was not in keeping with Catweazle it was in fact "slapstick"comedy. I have to say that I think Richard did write all episodes, it was the directors that changed every five minutes. Catweazle was copywrite although I know for a fact that people did send in their stories for consideration. The "new" story that is included in the 40th box set booklet is not one of Richards.

Carol
Well one of them I suspect was the Enchanted King. Geoffrey hated that because it was not in keeping with Catweazle it was in fact "slapstick"comedy. I have to say that I think Richard did write all episodes, it was the directors that changed every five minutes. Catweazle was copywrite although I know for a fact that people did send in their stories for consideration. The "new" story that is included in the 40th box set booklet is not one of Richards.

Thank you Carol. I've been rewatching the series, and I'm halfway through the second. Although it's not as strong as the first, I still think there's a lot to like in it.

But oddly enough, if I had to guess, I'd say that one as well. It's less reliant on Richard's verbal wit than the others. Though the way Geoffrey phrased it, it did seem to suggest it was two late episodes... I guess they weren't filmed in sequence?

Nearly finished all of the series now. Having got up to episode 11, I'd suggest for obvious reasons that Battle of the Giants doesn't seem like the usual fare from Richard Carpenter. Agree/disagree?

PS. Do I have to join the Catweazle fan club before I can post on the forum btw? I was thinking of joining, but haven't as yet. I didn't want to be rude by posting without a membership number.