The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Catweazle at the BFI

This might have already been reported elsewhere, but I just noticed that episode 13, series 1 of Catweazle is to be screened at the British Film Institute on Saturday 2nd February. A joint ticket is available with Catweazle's executive producer Joy Whitby in Conversation, public booking opens next week - already open to BFI members.

Town/City London

Country UK

Re: Catweazle at the BFI

Thanks for alerting us to this. I have a feeling this has been done before, when Geoffrey and Richard were in attendance with Joy.
Simon W - any ideas???

Gosh - this is news to me. Yes,we did a showing way-way back in 1999 with everyone - and I had mentioned to the BFI over the years about another Catweazle themed night- with no response. So I am rather shocked to say the least. Have they asked Geoffrey? Would be amiss if they didn't.....

Si x

PS- just seen this

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=65BCD210-8230-41B6-8FDD-0911D7DBA782&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=2B7E22E6-5403-4625-B5EE-2CA2DA3D8574

It's not a "sole" Catweazle night, but a celebration of Joy Whitby the producer.

Yes, I think it is more about Joy Whitby talking about her work on tv rather than Catweazle in general. I think it will just include a bit of Catweazle in the talk. Geoffrey is not involved at all.
It would be great though to do something next year at the BFI when Geoffrey is 90 wouldn't it Simon!!

Just to continue with this - Joy Whitby has now phoned the club, and has invited all club members along to attend the event. Tickets can be obtained via the box office on 020 7928 3232. Geoffrey will be there as guest of honour. Tim Brooke Taylor, Neil Innes and either Terry Jones or Gillam (can't remember which) will also be there. The last episode of the first series of Catweazle will be shown in the first part of the show and then the first episode will be shown in the other part. So clearly Catweazle is held in high regard! The BFI is along from Waterloo station, so is quite easy to get to. It would be good if all members that do intend to go, wear their Catweazle gear! Hope to see some of you there!!

Yay! I have my ticket. Maybe meet some of you there! I'll be wearing my Catweazle Pin

Town/City Ashford

Country United Kingdom

Well done Tudor - see you there then!

yahoo we got our two tickets as well

Great!
It's going to be a mini Hexwood. A sort of appetiser for the main event.

Looking forward to it immensely and seeing everyone again x

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

This is on the BBC web site today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21178567

Town/City Fareham

Country Unitd Kingdom

Joy Whitby was interviewed today on the Roberts Elms Show on BBC London. It was a bit of a plug for the BFI event on Saturday but did manage a Catweazle mention. She touched on the politics within London Weekend Television during production of the first and second series and how Catweazle became a victim of the internal wranglings due to influences from across the Atlantic.
The interview is on the BBC Radio iplayer and starts at about 1.33pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013kw6h

Got my tickets today from the BFI box office for both performances (Telling Stories & In Conversation).
If you're able to get to the box office they're doing a joint event concession for £13.80.
Hope to see some of you on Saturday.

Town/City Forest Hill

Country London

See you there Jeremy!

A thoroughly enjoyable evening at the BFI and a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Great to catch up with other members and as always a pleasure to see Geoffrey again.

photo Geoffrey3_zpsc14338d5.jpg

photo Geoffrey2_zps91f355bf.jpg

Town/City Forest Hill

Country London

Hiya everyone

Just to say how nice it was to see everyone at the BFI a few days ago, a fantastic evening at the BFI followed by seeing Geoffrey again and then dinner in the Strand and not getting home til the early hours,...........we are such dirty stop-outs.

Yes, it was a very enjoyable evening and having a natter with everyone - wish we had had a little more time really.
Dinner in The Strand eh? That's the way to do it.