The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: KEIGHLEY & WORTH VALLEY RAILWAY CHILDREN WEEKEND

I'll second all that, Pete! It was a wonderful day out and of course we had our very own dear old gentleman present with us - his presence among us made the day all the more special. It was lovely to see complete strangers coming up to him on the platform and wanting photos taken with him. I heard one lady say how much he had made her laugh as Catweazle, so she got the chance to thank him personally. I'm sure many people recognised him as Geoffrey Bayldon, not just as Catweazle. Like me, they had probably seen him in many films etc. over the years, before and after Catweazle. Geoffrey clearly loved every minute and it was good to see him so happy.

It's always so nice to share these events with good friends, and yes, we'll definitely have to do it again. We missed you Carol, it wasn't quite the same without you, but we look forward to welcoming you to the "Big County" next time. It's not all mill chimbleys and whippets, tha knaws! The only downside to being the "local lass" is that I missed out on the camaraderie at the hotel and I felt a distinct sense of anticlimax going home on the bus, but it was still a wonderful day out and I look forward to the next one. Maybe I ought to fix a trip on the KWVR with some local friends - it's a fact that you don't always appreciate what's virtually on your doorstep because you're too busy visiting places further afield. (But just try and stop me visiting Hexwood ...)

Best wishes to all weazlers, and look forward to seeing you again.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Re: KEIGHLEY & WORTH VALLEY RAILWAY CHILDREN WEEKEND

Just got back yesterday from a few days in Yorkshire and so pleased to see the comments on here that everyone enjoyed themselves.

All upset that Carol could not make it through illness. It wasn't really the same without her and I know she would have especially loved the evenings in the Dog and Gun.
Craig's performance there Monday night was a real treat and caused some amusement to the American tourists visiting there.

Even though it was only 6 weeks since Hexwood, it was still great to meet up with Weazlers again. Such a great group of people so always a pleasure.
I don't think KWVR knew what hit them once we got there but they enjoyed having us there and even got together with some of us in the evening for dinner.

At last I managed to get up to see Three Chimneys, the house used in the Railway Children. Nearly had a heart attack in the process as such a steep climb so a strict diet and exercise and I can sprint up there next time.

I was there for 3 days in all with Geoffrey and Craig. On Monday we went to Harrogate and visited the famous Betty's Tea Rooms and put on weight just looking at the cake trolley. An experience that has to be done. So lovely and I spent loads in the shop afterwards.

A fantastic short holiday and so good to be able to share a piece of it with such great people as you lot.

Let's do it again.

Town/City Fareham