The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Our special weekend 2012

What can I say about the past weekend that isn't already on everybody's minds and lips? As usual, absolutely wonderful from start to finish.

Always a pleasure to meet everyone and also new members who were on their first Hexwood visit. Please don't let it be your last.

When Kat and I got to the hotel on Friday, we were dumb founded by the way the function room had been set out. Absolutely magical.
Screams of delight everytime someone arrived at the hotel to check in as well as the excitement builds.

The weather stayed kind to us and didn't rain on us. It may not have been too warm but it didn't matter. The falconry display went ahead and was so brilliant. Ray and Wendy were so lovely and the birds were amazing.

The staff at Brickendon did us proud with the excellent Treasure Hunt they set up and are genuinely pleased for us to be there, that's how brilliant Catweazle club members are.

As some of you know, there is a chance we can meet again next month with The Railway Children day out in Yorkshire. I know a lot of you said you wanted to come along so please e mail as soon as possible so I can have a final number to give to the railway of how many of us to expect. Even if you weren't there and want to come, please contact me. The date is 29th July.

Hope to see a lot of you again then

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

Re: Our special weekend 2012

I think I have now recovered a bit from the weekend, and I firstly want to say once again a BIG thankyou to all the support and help that I received in the build up to the weekend. It is only with continued help and support that I can get the momentum and enthusiasm to make the weekends a success for all club members. Special thanks go to Sue for not only working on and producing the silent auction (which raises much needed funds for the club)and organising it on the Sunday - but she also worked tirelessly on the Catweazle stall on the Saturday and also promotes the club on facebook or us. What can I say about the noble Lord Mike and his wondrous lady Julia!! What a lovely couple. Not only do they continue to support, encourage and produce props etc for the events, but they too worked all day on the stall, and I can vouch for the fact that that is hard work believe me. So thank you thank you for that. Mike also was the one who produces the fantastic paintings to auction or sell at the weekend and they are beautiful. Thanks to to Graham who had been nominated as stills photographer for the weekend which means that finally we may get a worthy webpage full of lovely photos of the weekends activities for a change! (I never get the chance which is why those particular pages are sparce on the website!!) Graham also helps all year and provided some of the props and also gives up his time to set everything up. I must also say a big thankyou to Jeff Morris who does the wonderful compilations of the weekends events on to cd - again raising funds for us, without asking for payment. This year I didn't even get a chance to put them on the stall, before they were whipped out of my hand from people wanting to buy them. He does is every year and they are ALWAYS excellent! This year he attended even though his son was ill and had to leave Enid his wife behind.I hope your son is recovering well from the chest infection. My brother Russell works all year to make things happen on the weekend, so that it looks as magical as we can get it. My final thanks must go to our members who, without of course we would not have the weekend fun, nor indeed would we have a club!!! We has some truly lovely people in our club and they regularly attend and usually have to travel long distances and pay a fair bit in expences to be there. I have to say, though that I am so glad they do, for they make the weekend so enjoyable with much laughter and merry making!! I think you will all know who you are. When we all say goodbye at the end of the weekend it feels like breaking up from school for the holidays, with hugs and kisses and "see you next year!!" LOL
Pete and Davey we missed you very much Get well and fit very soon.
Welcome too to brother John who came with the one and only Ian!! It was a delight and pleasure to meet you to welcome you to the club.
I vowed this year that I would NOT go immediately into preparing for the next years event - but once again have failed miserably and have started to think of possibilities!! Although,I do think that next years event may possibly a little less frantic BUT very interesting,due to the Catweazle film so please brothers and sisters stay in touch, communicate with us and keep the spirit of Catweazle alive within yourselves and with each other. If you enjoyed the medieval event and would like to do it again at some point in the future please let me know.
Thanks once again to all who took the trouble to be part of it all whether helping or participating.
One last thing - as I mentioned at the event, please donate into the Bring Back Catweazle fund on the website shop. However little the amount, if everyone donates a little it will amount to a lot and we will have Catweazle talking to us once more!!! - Thanks to those who already have and thank you to those whom I hope will do so in the near future.

Hi Sue - thanks for everything!

Town/City London

Country UK

Twas wundrus Sister! Don't know about school though - I wouldn't be that happy back there!!! This is better.

Town/City London

Country UK

Thank you Wendy. Lovely to see you again. Keep in touch.

You're right - this is much better than school ever was xx

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

Ah well I had a great time at school!!! Great mates and great teachers!! LOL

I don't know how you manage it, but every year just gets better and better. The girls and I really enjoyed the medieval theme. The banqueting hall looked amazing and it was great that so many people made an effort with their costumes. The falconary display was particularly wonderful. A big THANK YOU from us, we can't wait until next year.

love
Julie, Millie, Bebe and Marnie
xxxx

Town/City Grays

It was great to see you and the girls again Julie. My brother Russell had a great time doing the quiz with you all. We are all already looking forward to seeing everyone again next year!!

Glad to hear Russell had a good time, we enjoyed his company too. All the girls think he is lovely and keep talking about him (I think Millie has a bit of a crush on him). lol
love
Julie
x

Town/City Grays

What a fantastic weekend!!! Thoroughly enjoyable, meeting lots of lovely people, very friendly and welcoming to a newbie like me, a big THANK YOU to everybody! Already looking forward to next year - yay!! :-)

Town/City Hampshire

Country UK