The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Richard's memorial page

As a mark of respect, the Catweazle web team have replaced Catweazle's home cave with a memorial page for Richard, this is just for a short time as we pay our respects to Richard Carpenter and his family at this very sad time to mark the passing of the man who made the making of Catweazle happen. We do this in great appreciation for all of his wonderful work, especially for our beloved Catweazle series of course. We felt it particularly fitting to use a short audio clip of Geoffrey's voice bidding his brother in magic farewell.
When you revisit the site, be sure to have your volume up to be able to hear this. Best wishes, David

Re: Richard's memorial page

Thank you so much for this beautiful and fitting tribute - I listened with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes when I heard dear Geoffrey paying tribute to his brother in magic and bidding him farewell. Thanks for everything Richard - you've left us such a priceless legacy.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Dear fellow Brothers, I was very sad to hear this ,he was a True Artist , who left us wonderful stories that will never grow old or outdated. I wish i could be there but i live in Israel and have gig commitments . Plese send my condolances to the family from one who respected his great art as a story teller .
Regards Paul.

Can't express how sad I feel logging into this site and discovering Richard's picture and Geoffrey's words. Heartbreaking to say the least. I posted a poem when Robin left us and I hold it dear to me based on a friends untimely passing.

I am standing by the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a peck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!
Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
'There she goes! ' ,
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
'Here she comes!'

RIP Richard

Town/City Dunfermline

Country Scotland