The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Railway Children Weekend

On Sunday May 1st, Wendy Rhodes, Pete Humphreys and myself went along to The Railway Children weekend at the Keighley Worth Valley Railway to represent the club and because Gary Warren, although invited, could not make it.
Thanks to Paul Pert, I had been introduced via e mail to Mr Chris Lawson who now owns the Old Gentleman's Carriage from the film and we had communicated a few times regarding Gary making an appearance for the weekend.

We found the whole experience absoultely wonderful. The staff/volunteers were extremley helpful, enthusiastic and polite.

Earlier in the afternoon we had introduced ourselves to Chris and later he found us and invited us for a cream tea abroad the Old Gentleman's carriage where we also stayed for the whole trip along the line. A gentleman called Jim Shipley has writen a small book called The making of The Railway Children who told us a lot about the locations and pointed various things out to us.

Did any other members go along at all?

The whole afternoon was absolutely brilliant and later we went home and watched the film to see how much it had all changed.

I'm not sure if they are doing it all again next year as the talk was mainly to leave it and do it again for the 50th annniversary but it was to be highly recommended.

Town/City Fareham

Country United Kingdom

Re: Railway Children Weekend

Aye Sue,one of those days that couldn't be recreated. But we did manage to get in as many Catweazle plugs as we could in our conversations in The Gentleman's Carriage.What a day!!

Town/City stockport

Country uk

Re: Railway Children Weekend

I can only endorse what Sue and Pete have already said - as the "local girl" of the group, living only about 25 mins. away from Keighley, it made me wonder why I haven't used this wonderful scenic railway much more often. Sometimes it takes something like this to make you appreciate what's on your doorstep. I've just ordered the 40th Anniversary edition of the film, so will look forward to watching it very soon - I'm sure it will look better than the version I recorded from the telly a few years ago. Thanks Sue and Pete for your company - and see you again in 7 weeks' time!

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England