The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rare Monty card set on ebay

Hi Paul,

Thought I'd expand this lovely thread on Catweazle memorabilia to see if anyone ever did turn up the elusive "Catweazle Bendy Mask"? I've only seen one photo of it, and it must surely be the rarest piece of memorabilia from the series.

With the internet drawing together the strands of appreciation, I am amazed one hasn't made it to Ebay or the like.

Best

Si

The thing is with these cards, because they're so genuinely rare, collectors don't often even bother looking for them on ebay. I had a saved search on ebay and other auction sites for years and came up with nothing - only to find a stash of ex-shop stock in Belgium via a completely different means in the end. Since then, the search has produced maybe two results in all that time. Actually, for many years they were only rumoured to exist, most people believing that reports were simply confused with the 'Magic Cards', but with the increased use of the internet by collectors over the years, eventually they surfaced.

In answer to your question Jeff, I expected them to go for at least this much but I would not be in the least surprised if on another day they went for much more. As with all these things, they're worth whatever someone is prepared to pay on the day. If they have been bought by a dealer, they will no doubt be on display at a card fair or memorablia show some time soon at something like at least twice the price. If this dealer has no more to sell, it could be years before you see another full set. Check out the 'Magic Cards' section of the 'Westbourne Museum' gallery on the 40th Anniversary Set if you haven't already.

Si, The Bendy Face! Made by the 'Neufeld' company. The trouble with these is that they disintigrate. Chances are that even the one pictured on the net a few years back may be approaching a pile of dust by now. I've always been going to look into this but never got round to it; may do one day soon. There could well be one sitting somewhere in its original bag, with original header card that's been stored in ideal conditions for the last 40 years, but I'm still waiting for it to find me. If it ever does, you'll be the first to know.

Take care,

P

Town/City London

hi paul i purchased the first set for £71.oo including postage.the next set went for approx £47.00 and third for approx £75.00.JUST REALLY CHUFFED TO HAVE GOT THE FULL SET.FIRST TIME IVE SEEN A FULL SET FOR SALE.BEST WISHES IAN

Town/City lincoln

Country lincolnshire

Hi Ian,
That's great - congratulations. It's nice to know they're going to members. Do you have a wax wrapper to go with them by the way? Let me know.

I e-mailed you a few months back actually Ian, via your e-mail link on the forum. I gather you didn't receive? Maybe check your spam filter? If lost I can send again.

Best wishes,

P

Town/City London

I am delighted to say that I won the other set!! I hope that maybe they will be of use to the club in various things.
You mention the "bendy" face mask of Catweazle, and I agree about it becoming dust by now (I had a Paddington Bear that went the same way!!) Even better than the mask was that amazing puppet that cropped up on the internet. It was made by some prosthetics company. I wrote to them to see if it was still around and available - sadly I had no luck as I don't think the company now exists. I seem to remember it was Australian.

Want to send me the details Carol and I can do some local digging?

Town/City Melbourne

Country Australia

Carol,
Delighted about that - congratulations on a great buy.

I have an image of the puppet you mention (although the prospect of finding an original Neufeld 'Bendy' has greater allure for me!). The company was actually UK based and not Australian as far as I am aware - and still going strong it seems. I have all the details, but wasn't sure whether to post them here, as I think any such approach is best coordinated; so if either you or Debbie would still require the info and/or image etc., please just let me know.

Best wishes,

Paul

Town/City London

Hi Paul,
That's really odd, as I seem to remember getting the name from someone and writing to some organisation, only to be told that they were no longer in existance. I wish I had kept the email now. However, I know that you know your stuff, so I would be delighted to be able to find out more if possible. It is quite a big puppet (so I was told)If they was any chance of "borrowing it" for a day or two if it was found to be available would be wonderful. It's a shame we haven't got enough money to commission a new Bendy Catweazle - what fun!

Hi Carol,
Will send through to you via e-mail ASAP.

Speak soon,

P x

Town/City London

Another set minus one card on ebay currently at £37.00 with four and a bit days to go.
Interesting to see what price it goes for, with it not being a complete set.

Yes I noticed that. It would seem to indicate that the complete sets may have all come to an end from this seller; well worth a bid though as you won't see them too often!

Cheers,

P

Town/City London