The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment

Just found out about this site. Was reminiscing a couple of weeks ago about our youth, I immediatley went back to those Sunday afternoons when as a twelve year old girl I would be 'playing out'with my friend Lynn, we were fanatical about the series, and would stop playing to watch the telly for that magical half hour. How innocent we were. To this day it was the one and only time I actually penned a fan letter to ask for signed photos of my heroes. My friend and I were besotted with 'Carrot'in a wonderfully child like way. I treasured the photos, but alas in the moves that got me from Manchester to Cornwall in the 40 years that ensued they have gone forever. I got the 40th anniversary edition of the dvd's only this week, and on watching the first few episodes I can honestly say Geoffrey Bayldon was brilliant,totally believable, and I as a twelve year old would still adore the 15 year old Robin Davies who appeared as I remembered him, a lovely person. I never would have believed that I would have felt such sadnness finding out that he had passed away just recently, I'm only a couple of years younger. Still, I watched first few episodes of the gentle and amusing series and smiled and LAUGHED, and it brought all those wonderful memories of that time flooding back. My husband is watching them with me, and in his mispent youth the Catweazle books were the only ones he read with a vengeance, not bad for a boy who hated reading. My condolences to all in the Robin Davies'family.

Town/City St Austell

Country Great Britain

Re: New Member

Hello Teresa,
Welcome to "the family". It is always a pleasure to welcome new brothers or sisters in magic!
Aren't we lucky to have such a wonderful thing to look back on with such love and affection? Times were happier then, but we hope that now and then we can go back in time and relive the fun and laughter that Catweazle evoked for us now and forever if we wish it too! I hope you will be an active member and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Robins passing hit us very hard, he was a wonderful man and patron. We miss him very much, but we will never forget him.
Thank you for joining us and thank you for getting in touch