The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Geoffrey in "My Family"

Thanks Liz - you've just saved me a job as I was going to put the info up on the forum myself. Really looking forward to seeing Geoffrey on the box again.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Just to add to what I said earlier - I had a look in the "What's On TV" magazine and they have a page entitled "Look Who's Back ... " There are 3 people featured, one of whom is Geoffrey. There is a photo of him in his My Family role and a short summary of his storyline. There's also a picture of him as Catweazle, and they also mention that he played the Crowman in Worzel Gummidge. All in all, quite a nice little tribute. I think we might need our hankies at the ready though, as it looks to be quite a sad story as far as Geoffrey's contribution is concerned.

Country England

SACRILEGE!
I have just watch the program and they have completely cut Geoffrey's scene's! I know for a fact that his part was much longer, but they obviously wanted to put more emphasis on the son, rather than the other co-storyline! Rotten decision on their parts as far as I am concerned!

We couldn't believe it either Carol, what a waste of a great actor. Geoffrey must have been on screen for all of 30 seconds and lets face it, he is a better actor than the majority of actors in that programme. I don't normally watch My Family but have to say Touchwood could have done a better job than the son !

At least we all know how talented Geoffrey is and it would have just taken the Producers to look at Geoffrey's CV to be aware of that. That's the "Normans" for you !

Jeff

Town/City Dunfermline, Fife

Country Scotland

Yes, I'm totally disgusted - it was a case of "blink and you'll have missed him". A pity that the powers that be had to treat one of our most loved and respected actors in such a fashion - they could have made so much more of a sensitive storyline and given Geoffrey yet another chance to prove that his acting talents have certainly not diminished. The son's "coming out" scene could have been considerably condensed so that we had a much more balanced programme. And did I hear laughter in the audience when Janey was trying her best to cope with Joe? Did they completely miss the point? Failing memory in old people isn't a laughing matter and I don't think this scene was meant to portray comedy. Shame on the programme editors - you'd think they would know better.

Country England

Only watched My Family because of the chance to see Geoffrey and as you say, blink and you would have missed him! Should have left Geoffrey in and cut the rest because it was dire. Geoffrey, you deserve so much better. One good thing,I won't have to sit through that programme again. Liz xx

Town/City Gravesend, Kent

Country UK