The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lifelong memories of Hexwood

Hi Jeff and Cathy, and all weazlers everywhere! It's difficult to put into words all that I'm feeling right now about the weekend - I'm still at the stage where if I close my eyes, I'd not be surprised to find myself back in my favourite field with the Catweazle marquee and everyone milling around catching up with their stories over the past year and admiring all the wonderful merchandise and photographs etc., especially after having watched the wonderful "Searching for Catweazle". Great job, Vince!

The shields and pictures painted by Graham and his friend are truly marvellous and it's just amazing how much time,effort and talent has gone into them. The pictures of the toads were terrific and must have caused many a laugh!

Rather than witter on for pages and bore everyone rigid, I will just mention the highlights of the weekend for me, apart from meeting up with all my great friends again. Probably the most important of all was the planting of the beautiful tree in memory of our dear Robin, which was a most moving occasion especially with the speeches from Geoffrey and Carol. I'll keep thinking of that tree throughout the year, and look forward to seeing how it has grown and flourished when we next see it. What a fitting memorial for a kind and lovely man.

The visit to Brickendon has to be another highlight, even better than in 2007 as this time our beloved Geoffrey was able to join us. His account of his brother's time there during the war was fascinating, and Geoffrey's obvious happiness at revisiting the building after many years was heartwarming. He gave so much of himself on both days (as he always does), posing for photos and chatting with his friends and admirers - that lovely smile of his would surely cheer anyone up. Thanks Geoffrey - you have our warmest love and gratitude for just being there among us, and I'm sure your memories of the weekend will be as happy as ours.

On a personal note, I have had so much love and thoughtfulness shown to me during the visit, which has been deeply appreciated. That's the real essence of this wonderful club, and what keeps it going. As for you Carol, you're an absolute **** marvel and I just don't know how you manage to pull off these fantastic events year after year. My congratulations go to all those who work tirelessly behind the scenes all the time, in whatever capacity it may be.

Right then, that's yer lot!

Best wishes to you all, and hope to see lots of you there next year.

Wendy
xx

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England