The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Moray Watson Shoots Cary Grant

I've just spent a rather enjoyable hour and a bit watching "The Grass Is Greener" starring Cary Grant Robert Mitchum and Moray Watson. Always interesting to see a Catweazle star turn up unexpectedly.Recomended.

be good,

David.

Town/City Molesworth,Tasmania

Country Australia

Re: Moray Watson Shoots Cary Grant

Tasweazle
I've just spent a rather enjoyable hour and a bit watching "The Grass Is Greener" starring Cary Grant Robert Mitchum and Moray Watson.

Funny, I was certain I had replied to this topic when it first appeared, apparently not.

Anyway I had meant to say that I have that film and will watch it and yesterday I did (a bit later than I'd thought).

It is based on the stage play and not a typical Cary Grant film it has to be said (for reasons explained in the IMDB entry, the part of the owner of a huge English country house was originally intended for Rex Harrison). However it was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon and I don't think it is going too far to say that Moray Watson's performance as the butler was one of the best. Cary Grant was excellent as always but Robert Mitchum seemed to have phoned his performance in.

There was a very small uncredited appearance of Elspet Gray as a Hairdresser's receptionist, which was a bonus.

~iw

Hi Ian......sorry to have to correct you but the uncredited Hairdressers Receptionist in the film (and featured in the photo you attached to your message) is Joan Benham and not our Elspet.
Cheers
Doug

Town/City Exmoor

Country England

Oh yes, so it is ... my mistake (they are similar!)

Thanks for the correction.