The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Catweazle - The Movie ?

the more I am thinking about it - and reading Richard´s comments of 2008 in the 40th anniversary edition DVD - I beginn to cotton with the idea of a Catweazle movie ... but to close the circle, Geoffrey should be in it ! watched Rhys Ifans on the internet and he seems a very good choice ... but there is an ambilvalent feeling, because in heart and mind Geoffrey will always be the one and only Catweazle ... that´s what Richard also said by the way .... if I were Richard I would try to include as many actors of the original series as possible in the movie ... they deserve it and the longtime fans as well ! This would be an extra appeal to watch the movie ...

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Re: Catweazle - The Movie ?

I think I understand why many people are worried about a film release. Admittedly I too feel uncomfortable about it, given the track record of TV-FILM transitions.
Also I feel that it would be fitting if Geoffrey could have at least a cameo role, as someone said it would complete the circle. However, I have to say that I have never watched anything of Richard's that I have disliked let alone loathed and he seems to me as someone who goes for quality not cash. So, let the wheel turn, maybe a new cycle will begin, maybe not.

Town/City Powys

Country Wales