The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Special 40th Anniversary DVD Edition

Just received mine a few days ago - sorry Carol, I meant to email you to say thanks! What a wonderful set of DVDs to commemorate 40 years of magic - I think the little woven bag that the DVD pack comes in, featuring the Catweazle cartoon etc., is a really nice little touch. As for Geoffrey's lovely introduction, it just lifts something already very familiar to us all to a new level. He just talks to us in such a natural and engaging way. Thanks Geoffrey - you've given us something else to treasure as well as your marvellous acting. This is a set not to be missed - I haven't worked my way through all the episodes yet, but am glad to see so many other extra features there as well.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Glad your enjoying the lovely dvd Wendy. This is just to let you know that Paul who has had a lot to do with the special edition, has let us know that the little bag that you mention Wendy, is a limited addition to only so many of the dvd being produced. So there will only be a few lucky ones who will get these!! We only have a few of the special ones and they are going fast!

Carol, the official 40th anniversary edition is a dream come true ! Timeless and wonderful ! Thanks for helping making this come true and the wonderful booklet with all the stories... in a way it represents the end of an era, because it was completed in February this year at a time Robin was still alive ... and it seems like a wonderful legacy, the booklet in a way ends with Robin ... there are so many wonderful stories in it, Geoffrey´s introduction as well is lovely and Richard´s quotes very much worth a read ... a great timeless and wonderful release ! Thank you !!!!

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Thank you for that Bernd, but don't thank me,
Thank Paul Pert for all his very hard work and Gary for getting us a great deal on the dvds.
Without Paul, I doubt very much whether there would be a special edition he has supplied Network with so much of it's content and shared all his collection with us,and been instrumental in getting it done and he has done it all for free and for his love of Catweazle.
Gary has been negotiating with Network so that, although unable to compete with the big stores ability to get the price down due to sheer numbers - he has STILL been able to get a fantastic price for our members.

THANK YOU FOR INFO ON THIS, CAROL! THEREFORE A BIG THUMBS UP FOR GARY BOWERS AND PAUL PERTH! YOU´VE DONE WORK OF TIMELESS WORTH!

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Hi all,

for those who have seen the discs: Have the episodes been remastered in any way, or do they look and sound the same as on the previous DVDs?

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Hi, Christian - we are from the same city ! ? do not know you yet ... what a coincidence ... if you want to just contact me private via brmail@web.de

Best regards

Bernd

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Christian
Hi all,

for those who have seen the discs: Have the episodes been remastered in any way, or do they look and sound the same as on the previous DVDs?

Just to echo Christians post can anyone who has this set confirm whether or not the episodes have been remastered?

Kind regards
Marc

Town/City London

Country UK

Dear all,
I've been meaning to drop some info on the forum about this for some time and with the fete coming up and the club presumably bringing along a stock of the 40th anniversary DVDs, I thought it might be helpful to highlight a few points on this now rather than later.

First of all, in answer to a couple of queries, restoration from the best available film prints was carried out for the 2005 release and therefore these are the same transfers used for the 40th set. Network's transfers are the best available - anyone who has been in a position to compare them with some of the other transfers released around Europe will know this.

However, the amount of extras on this set have been played down if anything by Network I think, so if you are interested in the following supplementary material, then the Catweazle 40th Anniversary DVD set is for you:

Packaging: Newly designed packaging which includes a lovely printed Hessian bag in which to store the DVD set (or say, your toad perhaps).

Booklet: A newly designed booklet called 'The Magic Book' including revised content from Simon Wells and a special article for fans all about the gatherings at Clandon (by yours truly) which is illustrated with photos throughout, together with a mysterious un-filmed script shown in its entirety.

Footage: Brand new introduction from Geoffrey (filmed in February) together with the Brothers in Magic documentary and Anglia TV news interview with Richard Carpenter from 1970

Special new 'Westbourne Museum' gallery consisting of the following themed sub-menus:

'Magic Books' - containing just about every Catweazle-related publication ever produced, including several images not previously issued of the very rarest books such as those from Finland and Denmark.

'Magic Faces' - containing a selection of publicity/promotional images of Geoffrey, both in and out of character, including a 'self' portrait of Catweazle drawn in ink by Geoffrey.

'Magic Cards' - containing the incredibly rare bubblegum card set (all 80 cards) together with several detailed shots of their original shop-counter display box. These cards include some unusual on-set/candid photos. Also included are the Lyons (Ready Brek) Magic Cards.

'Spinning Spirits & Electrickery' - containing every audio and video release ever from around the world (more than you might think) including LPs, CDs, and DVDs together with various original LWT 16mm reels and cans etc.

'Castle Saburac' - A treasure trove of miscellaneous items including original LWT promotional brochure, posters, stickers, etc together with some modern items (figurines etc) and some 40th anniversary merchandise too.

'Hexwood Farm' - A special selection of 40 photographs taken at the Hexwood fete. The gallery includes photos capturing the moment of Geoffrey and dear Robin's last meeting in 2009.

Image Gallery:
Literally hundreds of stills taken on-set (NOT screenshots) grouped by episode - and for those of you who may not have ventured beyond these, you simply MUST check out the very last gallery which consists of some incredible behind the scenes/candid shots.

PDF material: If you have not yet put disc 5 in your PC and opened it up then I suggest that you do, as there is much more material here than first time round. All the previous PDF content is here - scripts, annuals, magazines etc. - plus much more, including strips, advertisements, TV listings and the very first article ever published about the series. It's a veritable PDF feast.

So that's it. If you haven't treated yourself yet, take home one of these sets together with Tim and Vince's new locations DVD and - well, what more could you want? You lucky people…

Px

Well there’s always blu-ray I suppose…

Town/City London

Country England

Thanks everso much for that detailed account of the 40th Anniversary dvd Pertie. For Catweazle fans it is VERY interesting and as complete as it possibly could be at this point in time. The postcards are great to! As you say we will have some for sale at the fete (and some have been signed by Geoffrey!) You won't find them cheaper anywhere else at this time than from us. We were also thinking that with the film very much now in the pipeline, the series may explode into life once again (HURRAH)which means the dvds will quite possibly be sought after from folk who are just about to discover it!