The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carrot

So sorry to hear about Carrot,My condolences to his family.

Town/City Caledon

Country Northern Ireland

Robin was a real gentleman. Such a nice guy, always great with our kids, he remembered them each year at Hexwood.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Spare a thought for Geoffrey too, he will take this news hard. That's Neil, Bud and now Robin who have alas, left us.

Thanks for some great memories Robin, never forgotten.

Town/City Torquay

Country UK

What a great loss Robin's passing is to so many people.

At last year's Hexwood, I met the man that made my childhood world a better world. And what a wonderful person he was; so charming and obliging to all; so happy to continuously leap out of his seat to pose for photos!

He will be so sadly missed but will live in our memories forever as the best friend Catweazle could ever have wished to have found.

Town/City Melbourne

Country Australia

Words cannot express how I feel today and my heart and condolences go out to Venetia and the children on their loss

I waited 39 years to meet Robin and I was not disappointed when I did. As Debbie said, he was part of our childhood and the times I met him at Hexwood were extremely happy ones.

He was devoted to the club and we were very privileged to be a part of it all especially being able to watch The Tellingbone with him and Geoffrey last year in the place it was originally filmed.

We will remember him always with very great affection and we will miss him terribly.

Our loss is the Angels gain and no matter how much we say 'Will you come back one day?' it is painful to know he won't but will always be with us in our hearts and in spirit.

Town/City Fareham

Country England

Alas tragic news. We only met him for the first time at last year's wonderful gathering and he was so charming and delightful, just like the grown up Carrot in the Catweazle sequel we all imagine. We both enjoyed the Catweazale on sale there and he signed my bottle which I treasure. Robin, Blessed Be! Go into the wider magick in peace. Love to his family.

Town/City Westcliff-on-Sea

Country Essex

We are all so very sad to hear this distressing news. Robin was a significant part of some of my most joyous childhood memories - and my husband, and our own children's also. It was a privilege to meet such a gentle, charming, talented man. Robin will remain evermore in our fondest memories. Our deepest condolences to Venetia and the children.

Town/City Oxford

Country UK

This is a very very sad moment, my condolences go out to Venetia and the children, Robin was a great man and it was a real pleasure to have met him,I will keep the memories of watching the Tellingbone at last years Hexwood in my heart, God Bless you Robin.

Town/City southampton

Country uk

I've just seen the newsletter and I'm so very sad to hear the awful news. I can only echo what others have said in tribute to Robin, and my heart goes out to you and the children, Venetia. Robin will always be in our hearts, so we will never really lose him. What a lovely man - I feel so privileged to have met and talked to him.
God bless you, dear Robin.

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

Deepest condolences to Robins family from two german Catweazle fans. Read the sad news the other night. Memories came back at once when Robin at last years Hexwood poses for photo with my daughter. The photo hangs on the wall beside her bed and will be a treasured memorabilia of hers for ever.
Thanks Robin.
Anna and Thomas

Town/City Visby

Country Sweden

Devastating news about Robin. My heart goes out to his family at this very sad time. Geoffrey and Robin together made Catweazle so magical. He will be loved and remembered always.

Town/City Gravesend Kent

Country UK

We are so sorry to hear the sad news about Robin.
Our sincere condolences and thoughts go out to
his family.
We met Robin last year for the first time at Hexwood.
He will always be in our hearts.

Town/City Wetzlar

Country Germany

Life is so unfair, loved ones are taken away all too often when they have still so much to give in life to others,

our loss is heavens gain.

god bless Robin, and thank you for being part of our lives.

just logged on to the forum only to read the devastating news about robin.i feel abslutely gutted and cannot believe it.i was very lucky indeed to meet this wonderful man.and very pleased to honour him last year with a beer named after him.we became good friends over the past years.i feel very fortunate indeed to have known him he was a wonderful charismatic and very special person.i will miss him greatly.i send my deepest sympathy to vanetia and the children.and would just like them to know how much love we all had for robin.gone but will never be forgotten.robin we love you. yours very sincerely boozeweazle aka ian baker.

Town/City lincoln

Country england

Such sad news..having had the pleasure of spending time with Robin on each of his visits to Hexwood,it was really pleasing for him to see how much the fans adored him and took him to our hearts.From the 1st visit when he was somewhat shy and nervous as to how he would be received, to looking forward with so much enthusiasm to the following fetes where he now knew that he would be very comfortable in his surroundings,so much so that he brought his wonderful wife Venetia along.
Robin,You will be sadly missed.RIP

Love and best wishes to Venitia and the family

Fondest Regards...Ian & Elaine

Town/City New Eltham

Country england

That was a lovely poem you quoted Jeff and Cathy, and it just reminded me of one which has helped me at such times. It's called "The Rose Beyond The Wall" - irrespective of religious beliefs (or lack of them) it's something positive to think on.

A rose once grew where all could see,
sheltered beside a garden wall,
And, as the days passed swiftly by,
it spread its branches, straight and tall ...

One day, a beam of light shone through
a crevice that had opened wide -
The rose bent gently toward its warmth
then passed beyond to the other side ...

Now, you who deeply feel its loss,
be comforted - the rose blooms there -
Its beauty even greater now,
nurtured by God's own loving care.

Just thought I'd like to share it - especially with you and the family, Venetia.

God bless and much love.
Wendy.
xx

Town/City Shipley, West Yorkshire

Country England

This news on Monday really hit me hard ...

had the pleasure to talk to Robin twice at two Hexwood fetes and he seemed to me a very kind, down-to-earth and loveable man ...
last summer at the 40th anniversary he sat beside me watching the telling bone episode and told me he likes writing books for children ...
one of his last movie performances was named "One Foot In The Grave"...
... Geoffrey now is the sole survivor of the main cast of the first series ... but in our hearts all of them will live on forever ....

My love, condolence and all good wishes go to Venetia and her family .... a very hard time for them... but after all we knew death for him came as a release, this is the only little consolation ...

we will never forget you, dear Robin !

You are part of us and will always be with us !

Town/City Regensburg

Country Germany

Such very sad news.
My deepest and sincere condolences to Robin's family and friends.
Thank you Robin for the joy and memories you gave us!
You will be sadly missed but will live in our memories forever!

Town/City Egelsbach

Country Germany

His Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of Him as gone away -
His journey has just begun
Life holds many facets
The Earth is only one
Just think of Him as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years
Think how He must be wishing
That we could know today
How nothing but our sadness
can really pass away
And think of Him as living
In the hearts of those He touched
For nothing loved is ever lost-
And He was loved so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Town/City BLACKBURN

Country ENGLAND

May I just offer my condolences to Robin's family. I met him once, at the signing of the Catweazle videos, about 1997 I think, and he was great. Thank you Robin for your part in the magic that has lasted all these years. Rest in peace.

Town/City Birkenhead, Merseyside

Country England

Such very sad news....it was a great pleasure to meet Robin at the last 3 Fetes....he was always so bright, enthusiatic and patient with us all....He was an important part of my childhood and will never be forgotten.....My thoughts go out to Venetia and his family at this difficult time.
Doug

Town/City Exmoor

Country England

Just to add my voice to everyone else here who are all so saddened by the news of Robin's passing. I can't believe he has gone, I spoke to him at length only last June at Hexwood and he seemed so fit and healthy. I recall how he felt it a little surreal that, as Geoffrey had said 2009 was his last Hexwood, he would be the elder statesman for the show at 2010's gathering. Robin was so generous with his time with me, I can say no more other than what a lovely, lovely man he was, he shall be missed. My sincerest condolences go out to his family. RIP Carrot

Town/City Liverpool

Country UK

I heard from the tragic death of Robin and as we all, I'm very sad about that. As I never met him personally, I only know him as the boy "Carrot" (in Germany: "Harold") - and I'll keep him in my heart like that.

I take a little comfort in the fact that even if he's gone away from us, in the Catweazle episodes, he will still be alive forever. So, television can give a little bit of immortality to us at least - and this is magic.

Town/City Ulm

Country Germany