The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Charles Tingwell Interview **2002**

Hi, Folks !

very interesting to read this and coincidence ... because for a long time wanted to put this one in here:

http://www.australianbiography.gov.au/subjects/tingwell/interview8.html

A Tingwell interview of 2002!

Interviewer: Robin Hughes
Recorded: November 13, 2002

here´s an interesting quote from it:

Right now, at this point in time, what are you thinking about your career? What's next for you Bud? :

"....And 'Innocence' is soon to start in London. I've had a request to go to London to do some DVD interviews for the series I did in England in the, in 1969, called 'Catweazle'. So a lot of very exciting things and, if my health holds up, I'll - I just want to potter along doing all those. And it's a, it's - and none of them, I have to say, "I wonder if it's good for my career?" I frankly don't care. It sounds like fun. Not fun, you know, beaut, the whole thing."

---------------------------------------------------

It is interesting to read this and that Bud intended to do this ...sadly he did no interviews for the DVDs as far as I know ... ? - and he always seemed to me a bit of a recluse, it was not easy to get an autograph of him. I sent him his book "Bud - My Life" with the request to sign it in winter 2008 and did not receive it back. Maybe he was too ill at that time already. Had informed him also about Hexwood 2009. As far as I know Carol contacted him the last years as well concerning the Hexwood-celebrations and she received no answer as well... of course you have to accept this, but it does not quite fit with what he says in the interviews ... nevertheless, a very interesting man and a brilliant actor, whom we never will forget. And if you can, get the book, it sure is worth a read !

Re: Charles Tingwell Interview 2003

Thanks for that Doug - it's good to know that Bud thought so highly of Catweazle and considered it one of his "highspots". I would have loved to meet him too, but at least we'll always have him on DVD to enjoy and admire. Someone previously mentioned the film "Cone of Silence" in another thread, and it prompted me to see if I could get it via the Internet. Fortunately I was successful, and it's a very good film. I thought it would be nice to see Bud and Geoffrey together in a totally different context. Geoffrey only appears in a very short scene, but no matter, he's there! A good film for any Peter Cushing fans too - he turns in a marvellous performance.

Good one Wendy...I'll start looking out for that here in Aus. I absolutely LOVE Peter Cushing but have never seen that movie.

Kevin would you remember the title of the magazine in which Neil McCarthy had that little interview?
Thanx

Country USA

Cheers Doug that was a very good article thanks for shareing it with us.

Town/City Southampton

AdaraRoze
Kevin would you remember the title of the magazine in which Neil McCarthy had that little interview?
Thanx

Just in case Kevin isn't monitoring this topic, his reference "look-in mag" is the name of the publication. Look-In was a weekly TV based magazine for children. An internet search should show you some examples, or this looks like a good reference site: The Look-In Archive

~iw