The Official Catweazle Fan Club

Welcome To The Catweazle Fan Club Forum

The Place where fellow Catweazle Fans can get together and discuss anything and everything that is Catweazle or The Catweazle Fan Club and MOST of all make New Friends that have yourself and Catweazle in common, as most of the members know The Catweazle Fan Club was born out of Friendship.

So let`s try and keep the The Catweazle Fan Club in the  tradition it was first Started

PLEASE NOTE

Any thread (or answers) containing an Adult Nature (including  links to other Web-Sites)   , Bad Language, Spam or  Items for Sale and that also includes eBay Items will be Removed A.S.A.P.

If the person/persons persist putting the above threads on this Forum a Ban Will Follow.

Let`s keep Catweazle the way it was back in 1970 in a word "Innocent"

The Official Catweazle Fan Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: READING THE CATWEAZLE BOOKS ON CD

hi carol great idea put me on your list please.has anyone contacted you about camping for the catweazle weekend anyone else expressed an interest.hope you are fit and well and enjoying the sunny days.best wishes ian

Ian

My son and I are booked on the Horsley site for June 20th & 21st Our booking reference is 700363600. cost for 2 nights is £24.90. If you want to use that booking reference please feel free as I have said I may book more places in the Catweazle fan Clubs name.
See ya down there.

I still think this is the most viable option.

Any update?

Piers.

We are working on it at the moment Piers

Town/City http://

the idea that catweazle can 'live again' should be enough to sway richard and co etc..... it never hurt another cult tv legend that kept going on radio/audio well up to its rebirth on tv........ 100% behind this truly wondrous idea carol! keep going

Add me to the list, it would great to have Geoffrey take the role of Catweazle again, the magic will live on!!

I would unquestionably buy the CD. Tremendous idea. Back in the day I held a microphone to the telly for half an hour and taped 'The Wisdom of Solomon' onto cassette (I had no notion of such things as copyright back then!). The tape is well worn and scratched today but still fabulous. A recording of any description would be beyond wonderful.

Count me in!!!

Thanks guys
This is the kind of feed back that Gary and I desperately need when we ask for members responce.It is vital to know what we can do and what people want and whether it is feasable or not from that responce - keep it up brothers and sisters

carol, as i am new to all this, i do not understand how the copyright things work....who owns it? and why they wont let it be done? also a company who produce audio books/cds may express an interest in a new catweazle story
and have worked with geoffrey on two audio stories not so long ago! they may be able to help with any kind of backing etc, its worth a try!!!, just thought id let you know,if you do get anywhere with the copyright issues us fellow weazlers are here to help if you need a louder voice.....if it is possible to do a cd with a bigger scope of audience then it may get more recognition for all concerned i.e: geoffrey,richard,the fan club,and catweazle!!!

Dear Kevin,
Richard Carpenter owns all the writing rights. He also has rights to Catweazle as a company. All stuff that is done in the Catweazle name has to go through him for his approval. We are in touch with him all the time for his approval in all what we produce. Naturally if there is money to be made, it would and should go to him especially if it is something big commercially that is being produced. With regards to a book, cd etc etc. we HAVE to go through Richard and if he says ok thats fine if he says no for what ever reason then we cannot do it. Richard has agreed in principal to a book and cd of the reading by Geoffrey of the Catweazle Ist book, but with restrictions. He will also have to see it first. Geoffrey is also always kept in the loop because he IS Catweazle and he doesn't like us to do things which he regards aren't Catweazlean! As a big supporter of the fan club, I must say that Richard has been very good with us, allowing us to produce our own memorabilia etc. We in turn are more than happy to keep his and Geoffrey's wonderful creation of Catweazle alive in this new century!
The same thing happened with the animation, Richard HAS to write it - no one else can, as he holds all the rights to it and anyone attempting to write their own Catweazle story would be in trouble. Once again this was all discussed with Richard before we even mentioned it for general viewing by members.
So please be assured that everything that can do done is done in our efforts to produce the world according to Catweazle.

Count me in, it's a brilliant idea, hope you can pull it off. Good Luck!!

It`s just over 2 years ago Carol started this thread at that time it looks like the Idea was a Very Good One.
Maybe the recession is not helping with the new appeal to get the CD made, but it will be a shame to lose Geoffrey`s voice reading The Book of Catweazle for ever and ever.
It`s very saddening to see all the hostility towards the Catweazle Fan Club from it`s Members and it`s one I never expected to ever see.
As it was My idea to send out the email to the Membership maybe it`s time I looked at myself and my position in the Fan Club.
Maybe it`s time for a change by the way the Catweazle Fan Club is run.

The Club is GREAT.

I appreciate ALL you do.

Keep going,

Piers,and the silent majority

hi again,
firstly id like to say the club is fantastic gary!
without u and carol catweazle would have all but been a memory,hes alive and well through us because of you!

secondly, i am in full support of the reading because time is ticking away unfortunateley, sorry to say as is brings a lump to my throat, but i remember back in 1995, jon pertwee had just got copyright permission to voice new worzel gummidge stories,and by 1996,well,he was gone..........

TO MR RICHARD CARPENTER,
PLEASE LET CATWEAZLE LIVE AGAIN THROUGH AUDIO BOOKS AS
A LEGEND LIKE YOUR TALENTED BOOKS,AND MR GEOFFREY BAYLDON SHOULD BE HEARD AGAIN FOR MORE GENERATIONS TO ENJOY AND NOW IS THE TIME....

i hope i havent offended anyone with my comments,
and a tear is welling as i type, dear freinds...

yours, k.wilsher

Thanks Kevin for that. We are still hoping for this to happen in 2010. A studio has been booked but we will only go ahead when Geoffrey is ready.

Carol and Gary, Thank You So Much for all your hard work in creating this wonderful haven for all of us devotees of Catweazle who have kept our hearts open through all the years. You have my full support for the audio books, Third Series and any other project. The time is late Brothers and Sisters, let's do all we can to support the further immortality of the Magick and to have its voices with us forever. With Much Love.

Town/City Westcliff-on-Sea

Country Essex

This idea STILL gets my vote.
But I guess time is running out...

Piers.

I have tried moving this idea forward by typing out every Catweazle line from the book, so that at least Geoffrey could do the part. Unfortunately, Geoffrey was still unable to make it out as his eyesight has deteriated so much. We have not given up hope that something may still be done, and if time allows we will still keep searching for a way.