British Armed Forces

Welcome to our Message Board which has been provided by the generosity of many ex. SCLI  and other light infantrymen.  All light infantrymen from the wider light infantry family are free to post a message.

Return to:  www.britisharmedforces.org/li_pages/index.htm - LI Website

Return to: www.britisharmedforces.org/scli_%20pages/index.php - SCLI Website

Return to: www.britisharmedforces.org

The Light Infantry & All Former Light Infantry Regiments
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st battalion light infantry (michael alan tucker)

just wondering if any of you would remember my dad,MICHAEL ALAN TUCKER,who was stationed in aden,gib,berlin etc,and was also an extra in the lawrence of arabia film,would be good to get him chatting with his old army mates again !,many thanks chaps,lee

Re: 1st battalion light infantry (michael alan tucker)

just been chatting again with dad,he has given me some names for you chaps,we have just been talking about the scli for about 3 hours!,he was chuffed to bits when i gave him the scli book,and the second to none book,he was rattling off the names of the sergents and there exploits !,the names he remembers are....

JOHN TURNER,CHRIS SHEARN,FRANK GIFFORD,CHARLEY EAGLE,JOHN REA,DAVE KNAPTON, JOHN POVER,BABBER HIGGS,PETE COLLIER,TOM MCHALE,BOB YOUNG,JESSY JAMES,JOHN WELSH,CHARLEY MEARS,TERRY SNELL,ROY GAMBLE,,hope some of these names jogs your memorys

bit more info: dad was with the june 1961 intake...

just to confirm details: PTE MICHAEL ALAN TUCKER ,SERVICE NUMBER 23873049,
SOMERSET&CORNWALL LIGHT INFANTRY,1961-1970,1ST BATTALION,A COMPANY,BODMIN TRAINED,ANTI-TANK,JUNE 1961 INTAKE..,SERVED IN GIBRALTAR-TOBRUK-BERLIN-GRAVESEND-ADEN,ALSO EXTRA IN LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.

I will ask my Dad Bob Pinnington, He went to all those places too. He was in Berlin for the fall of the Berlin wall. It sounds around the same time he joined up.

I remember a Tucker i was CSM of A company in Gravesend, and Ballykinler If I remember correctly he came with us to Norway and Canada in 1968

Ray Hall