Religious Forum At Safis Net

Hello and Welcome! This is a free discussion forum. Visitors may ask and answer any kind of question relating religion. In some cases some questions may be answered by the administrator as to make sure every question is answered. Note: This is only a religious forum and your questions should be related to religion.

Religious Forum At Safis Net
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Prophet

The place of Mohammad in Islam is integral one. Every knowledge has basically two parts: the theory and the practice. Islam's teachings wEre collected in a book called Koran, In other words Koran is the theoritical knowledge of Islam. Now it was important to put the theory in the practice. For this purpose Mohammad was given prophecy. If you omit the basic theory from a practice or a practice from a theory the knowledge is incomplete. There many religious excercises which are not possible to understand unless it is practically shown to you. That is what Mohammad did, he demonstrated every thing to Muslims. He never gave Muslims a written instruction on how to offer prayer but what he did was that he always that " Look at me how I do and learn". To answer your question yes there are many verses in the Koran about Mohammad. Their meaning in other words is "We have sent you as a mercy for the whole human kind", "Without any doubt, "Mohammad is the best exemple for you". If Hadith is considered important, it has the same reason as I described above: Hadith is what Mohammad did to practically show what Koran is, in other words Mohammad was a practical Koran as Aishah his wife said once. There have never been any women prophet because of many social and bioligical reasons

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Salaam,

I have so many questions about Islam. For now, I want to ask about the Prophet. Besides saying "Because" (as some have said to me), why is Mohamed the last Prophet of Allah? Is there something in the Qu'ran about this?

Next, please tell me a little about the place of The Prophet in Islam. He is considered only a human (unlike Jesus Christ to Christians), but his sayings are studied in the Hadith and he occupies a very important role.

Finally, Have there been any women prophets?

Thank you for your time.

A: The place of Mohammad