Raw Shooter Forum

Please post your questions regarding the use of RSE and RSP here.  We will do our best to answer them.

Fred Spencer and Stuart Rae

Raw Shooter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RSP accepting some DNG files, not others

Hi,I have been converting my Oly E-3 ORFs to dng files in Adobe DNG converter and they work just fine in RSP. I tried it with the dng files from a friend's Oly E-510, converted the same way, but RSP would not acknowledge those files. Can you help?

Re: RSP accepting some DNG files, not others

Hi Sharon,

Have a look at the list of supported cameras. The Olympus 510 isn't one of them.

RSP will only accept DNG files if it supports the native camera raw.

Sorry.

Stuart

I'm surprised to here the E-3 files are working (without special effort). I've read where others have modified one of the RSP files(?), changing a name of a supported camera there to a newer related one, then using DNG files. You might search on dpreview or other sites for this trick. Did you or someone else modify the RSP files to allow use with E-3?

hear not here. my grammar/spell-check wasn't working!

From the information you've given me, then RSP shouldn't be accepting the E-3 dng pictures, either. No, I have done nothing to RSP to allow it to accept the E-3 shots. I was told on the Oly SLR forum on DPR that it would work and it does. I did post a thread on the SLR forum but got no information that was useful. Now, I'm afraid I will break the magic spell. My only thought is that the E-3 dngs may be very similar to those of the E-1.

Thanks,
Sharon

Bill is quite correct of course (thanks Bill). I was concentrating on the E-510 and forgot that the E-3 is also unsupported by RSP. It's quite surprising that E-3 DNGs seem to work.
I wonder if it's a cludge on Adobe's part to avoid the effort of making the converter support a new but very similar camera?

Stuart