Raw Shooter Forum

Please post your questions regarding the use of RSE and RSP here.  We will do our best to answer them.

Fred Spencer and Stuart Rae

Raw Shooter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new user

I have an Olympus DSLR which produces RAW files with the .orf extension. I have the Olympus Master2 software with which I can process RAW files, but having found a review of RSE, decided to try it. I found that my .orf files are recognised, but all are an uneven delicate pink colour! Is this because RSE doesn't process Oly RAW files, or is it operator error?
Many TIA!

Re: new user

Hi Jane,

Here is a list of Olympus cameras supported by the larest version of RSE. Is yours one of them?

Olympus E-1
Olympus E-10
Olympus E-20
Olympus E-300
Olympus E-500
Olympus C5050Z
Olympus C7070WZ
Olympus C8080WZ
Olympus C5060WZ

You may also need to download the latest version if you don't already have it. You get it from here

Have a go and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Stuart

Hello again Jane.

I've just engaged the spare brain cell and had another think.

The fact that RSE produces thumbnails suggests that your camera is supported, so there may be other reasons for the pinkness.

Could you please try the following?

Make sure you've got the latest version of RSE.

Locate and delete these two files:

C:Program FilesPixmantecRawShooter essentials 2006 1.0ImageCacheSTORAGE_RW.DAT
C:Program FilesPixmantecRawShooter essentials 2006 1.0ImageCacheSTORAGE_RW.IDX

Load RSE and watch the thumbnails. Do you initially get something sensible which are one by one replaced by the corrupt ones? The initial thumbnails will be surrounded by a yellow border, and are the little JPEG images embedded in the raw file. Then RSE starts to build its own thumbs, which are probably the pink ones that you're seeing.

Let us know what happens.

Stuart

Re: Re: new user

Hi Stuart - I have a E-400, which I believe is a very close relative of the E-300 & E-500 - I think it is a slightly later model than either of those.

I've downloaded the latest release, just to be sure & I'm just about to delete the files you suggest in your second message - I'll get back to you when I've done that!

Cheers - Jane

Hi again, Stuart

I've done as you advised, and the raw files did load the thumbs as they should be, surrounded by yellow border, then they all turned pink.

I'm pretty certain that the same thing happened yesterday, too!

Cheers - Jane

Hi Jane,

Sorry to ask again, but just to make sure:
1. Are you using the latest version of RSE?
2. Is your camera one of those in the list I posted?

Is it possible for you to supply a raw file so that I can check it out? You can email it to me at stuart@lakelandphotography.net

One other thing to try is to clear out the thumbnail cache again, and then set your default monitor profile to "sRGB Color Space Profile". Raw Shooter is very picky about monitor profiles and can display some very odd colours if it finds one it doesn't like.
If you don't know how to do this please ask.

Best of luck,

Stuart

Hello Jane

Welcome to the Raw Shooter Forums.

I hope that Stuart is able to solve your problem.

Good luck

Peter

Thank you, Peter - I hope he can find a fix, too!

Cheers - Jane

Hi Stuart

I'm using version 1.2.1, build 72, downloaded today.

My camera is an E-400

The files are about 22 meg - will this be OK to email to your private email address?
Cheers - Jane

Olympus DSLRs supported

The last RSE/RSP versions also support the E-330, but not the newer cameras (E-400, E-410, E-510, E-3).

Thanks Bill.

Jane, Bill is quite correct; I'm afraid your camera isn't supported.

Stuart

Re: Re: Re: new user

Duh! Late-night senior moment there!

I can't see a reason why a small pink file shouldn't contain the same information as a big pink file!

I'll reduce the size & send it to you!

Yours - thinking more clearly after a night's sleep - Jane

Hi Stuart

I'm afraid that I haven't a clue about monitor profiles - but I do remember that I wasn't able to find any information about mine when I tried to calibrate it. May I have info how to set the sRGB profile, please? I presume that I clear out the thumbnail cache by deleting those 2 files again?

Cheers - Jane

I've just seen Bill's message, so that would explain the problem - thank you for your help.

I have a friend with a E-500 so I'll suggest that she might like to try RSE.

BTW - I checked in RSE preferences & the monitor appears to be set to sRGB, for what it's worth!

Cheers - Jane

Re: Olympus DSLRs supported

Thanks for that info, Bill - I'll just have to go back to using the Olympus software!

I have a friend with a E-500, so maybe she'll want to try RSE.

Cheers - Jane

I have some third-party color profiles for E-300/500 and E-1 in case that's useful.