Raw Shooter Forum

Please post your questions regarding the use of RSE and RSP here.  We will do our best to answer them.

Fred Spencer and Stuart Rae

Raw Shooter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Converter Due soon?

I have been told and read that Michael Tapes has/is working on a new RAW converter due to be released in Q1 of 2008. As anyone any details, views? I have to admit I am very interested...I for one hate (with a passion ) C1/ Lightroom and the like.
Happy New Year to all Hadrian

Re: New Converter Due soon?

Hadrian,

This is the second time I've heard this but I have no details I'm afraid. We'll have to wait and see but I wouldn't take much notice of any timescales - they're always late.

Hadrian,

I first heard of it on MT's site. As usual he's not giving any dates away.

Have you tried RawTherapee? It's still a bit slow, but better than it used to be.

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks for the replies Guys, Yes tried RawTherapee, not to my liking, I must be a picky so and so? I have to admit to trying tham all, I think!! Silkypix, C1, Bibble et all, but If you cut me in half it would read "RawShooter"

I've been (or rather was) a developer for 34 years, and I can recognise beauty in a piece of software. Raw Shooter was beautiful. Lightroom is ugly, clumsy and poorly designed, and like you I hate it with a passion.
I quite like Raw Therapee if only because it's a one man effort and doesn't take the easy option of using DC Raw for de-mosaicing. C1 v4 isn't too bad, Bibble is going in the wrong direction, and the rest are rubbish.

Anyone know where you can still download Rawshooter Premium? I keep getting linked back to Adobe's site.
Thanks

I'm not entirely sure how Fred and Stuart have the file downloads organized here, but they have links to a few of the files in the "Colour Engine..." thread.