Raw Shooter Forum

Please post your questions regarding the use of RSE and RSP here.  We will do our best to answer them.

Fred Spencer and Stuart Rae

Raw Shooter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Colour tones

Well Stuart

Here we are away from the EOS Forums.

So do you think that it is possible to resolve the colour question within the software using a combination of settings.

I know that on some images they could look very red, I would often ask my wife for a second opinion. Yet on other images I thought the colours were just great.

This was the only real issue I had with RSP, pity it was not resolved before Adobe jumped in. Otherwise for me this was near perfect RAW conversion software

I need to hunt Wiki for the RSP link.

Peter

Re: Colour tones

Hello Peter,

To a certain extent it's possible to resolve the colour problem, but as I pointed out earlier, it may be to the detriment of other colours.

I think the most important thing is to start with the correct WB, as changing the WB doesn't shift colours uniformly. Most of the camera profiles were made by Michale Tapes (manufacturer and vendor of the WhiBal card) it will probably help to use a WhiBal.

With regard to skin tones, the method devised by Steve Foster was to dramatically decrease saturation, probably as low as -98, and then increase vibrance. The Wiki seems to be unavailable at the moment, but it should be here

Regards,

Stuart

Re: Colour tones

Stuart

Steve Foster yes that's the guy. I have his settings blue tacked to my desk. I found that they worked fairly well, for skin tone, it is a really good start point.

Maybe I will put Capture 1 back to sleep and re-awaken RSP, pity that it was lost to Adobe.

Never mind this has been spoken about enough we need to stick to the point of your endeavours here.

Peter