Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Rawai Muay Thai camp in Khao Lak

We are starting construction in our new camp in Khao Lak. From Phuket airport it will be about 1 hour driving North, in the mainland. The gym will have four rings, women's and men's locker rooms, air con fitness room, office, shop, restaurant, pool and bungalows. The location is nice, 2 KM from the beach (The closest beach is Kheu Kak). The JW Marriott is on that beach. It's 3 KM from the Muay Thai stadium and 5 KM from downtown Khao Lak. The area is quiet, prefect for training. No distractions, no traffic. The gym should be finished in 4 months. The rest of the camp should take an additional 5 months...

Re: New Rawai Muay Thai camp in Khao Lak

just wondering but does this have anything to do with the fact that MASTER TODDY is opening a gym in Rawai? next door to your current location?
huge abundance of muaythai gyms in that area now!!

Saying that your plans look really good. chok dee for your new venture!!

No, we bought the Khao Lak land 4 years ago. Tuk and I have been planning this second gym for a long time. We like countryside living, and Phuket is getting quite busy so it's just a natural progression for us. We think that for training, you need a calm place where you can train with less distractions. We hope Khao Lak is the right place for this.

When I get back from my trip to Mexico (in mid April) I will go visit the building site and take some pictures to upload.

So is rawai going to stay functional? Is the quality of the training there going to stay up to par?

Yes, we will continue to have great training at Rawai. Why wouldn't we? Tuk only hires quality teachers and his brothers, Hehm Fin and Lee run the gym. Lindsey and I answer emails and I work on the website. Things in Rawai will continue as they are now!

For up to date photos of the new camp's construction please visit our Facebook album:

New Rawai Muay Thai Gym in Khao Lak album

The Camp in Khao Lak is now OPEN! We already have students training. Our very first guest staying in the bungalows is Helen from Dublin Ireland and she is having a great time.