Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Phrom Tep Cape Muy Thai

What happend at this gym??? I wanted to train overthere...but now thinking to train somewhere else...

Re: Phrom Tep Cape Muy Thai

apparently the foreign partner was caught stealing funds and has been tossed out.
The gym's still there but he deleted the website before he left !

I heard that the Oz guy's Thai business partners tried to rip him off. Otherwise he would end up in jail... Actually I believe the Oz guy instead of the Thai.

Thai people do a lot for a few baht.

Hmm difficult to know the real truth, friends of my in Holland know Danny, and seems like a fair person..But is better to avoid this kind of gyms...

Hank
I heard that the Oz guy's Thai business partners tried to rip him off. Otherwise he would end up in jail... Actually I believe the Oz guy instead of the Thai.

Thai people do a lot for a few baht.

Racist much ?

djego
Hmm difficult to know the real truth, friends of my in Holland know Danny, and seems like a fair person..But is better to avoid this kind of gyms...

Then you better stay away from Rawai Muay Thai too because he was kicked out of here also !

Anyways , i dont think this lil ruckus is any big minus on either gym.
What goes on between two business partners is really non of our business.
As long as the training and day to day operations doesn't change , who cares ?

If you constantly keep taking everything as your deep personal interest then you'll never be able to stay at ANY thai gym for longer than 3 months !

I wrote two years ago about Danny and his departure from Rawai. He was not kicked out. This is a common misconception. Below is the quote:

"It seems that there is a lot of interest and questions regarding Danny's leaving the gym. So let me put the record straight. First of all Rawai Muay Thai was started by a partnership between Tuk and Danny. They opened the gym on November 3, 2003. Many people think that this gym was all Danny's work... but that's just not the case.

Tuk managed the staff and the fights and the operation of the gym while Danny created and maintained the website and also gave great customer service. I helped out wherever I could, with emails and customers and the running of the gym as well. It was a good partnership, that has now come to an end.

Yes, there were disagreements between Tuk and Danny, as can happen between business partners, but Danny chose to leave and I think he is already happier with the new arrangement. Danny decided to move on. He was no longer happy at the camp and when given the option to sell his share, he took it." We paid Danny exactly the amount he asked for and was happy to go."

Since Danny's departure in 2009 I have taken over the website responsibilities. I do the videos and answer emails (with help from Lindsey now). Tuk and I are happy and our students seem happy as well. We are planning to open a second gym in Khao Lak. We have already bought the land and are in the process of designing/building.

I can't speak about what has happened at Phromthep because it's not my business and I really don't know what happened. I just read the Facebook posts, like everyone else. We have already started to receive some Phromthep students/fighters, who no longer feel comfortable there... Let's hope all gets resolved at Phromthep. The Muay Thai gyms are all in this sport, and we all do a good job of promoting this sport, this Thai lifestyle. It's a shame that partnerships fail, but that's just business. Partnerships, like marriages, are not perfect and sometimes fail. It's just a fact of life.

Diana Campillo
Rawai Muay Thai

Thanx Diana 4 putting that streight!!
Yes please check Facebook and make up ur own mind if Danny or his x-partner from Phromtep r at fault!
I know Danny since 2007 and he is a great guy and choose his side, however u r a adult person so make ur own choice.
Rawai Muay Thai is my personal favorite Gym in Phuket, in my eyes the most original and authentic u can get.
I suggest check all gym's websites and would only go to gym's that have a forum were u can at least see the truth!
Even on Rawais forum there r some less positive posts about Rawai but they (Diana/RawaiMuayThai) leave them posted and mostly they r individuals who have had a bad experience themself!
I have been coming since 2007 and have had good and bad experiences in Thailand
but always felt at home at this Gym.
give it a try, if u do not like it try the next one and so on....
Hope this will help u out!
best regards

Hustler

Yes please check Facebook and make up ur own mind if Danny or his x-partner from Phromtep r at fault!

Who cares ?

to be fair ? i think you do or you wouldnt be reading this thread!! theres some interesting stories flying around, about trainers being involved in the conspiracy to overthrow dannys rule by planting cocanine at his place,then getting him arrested, through to danny himself stealing money fron the gym by taking in deposits etc from overseas customers.
Tbh they have probably fucked eachother over. I have trained at the camp twice, great location, awful awful training. No structure, minimal technique, no motivation or inspiration. I have over the last 6 years trained in gyms all over thailand, although i feel the best training is offered in BKK Rawai muay thai offers the best all round value, good training, good facilities, good location etc etc.

Free style

Dude,,RAWAI muay thai now is a RACIST gym , people are called " Blacky " , " Saddam " , " Paki " , " Mr.Fukin India " by trainers / reception and OWNER ignores,,they trade Human Values dignity for money ..i have personally experienced Racial descrimination

RACISM at RAWAI Muay thai

Dude,,RAWAI muay thai is a RACIST gym , people are called " Blacky " , " Saddam " , " Paki " , " Mr.Fukin India " by trainers / reception and OWNER ignores,,they trade Human Values dignity for money ..i have personally experienced Racial descrimination

RACISM at RAWAI Muay thai

Dude,,RAWAI muay thai is a RACIST gym , people are called " Blacky " , " Saddam " , " Paki " , " Mr.Fukin India " by trainers / reception and OWNER ignores,,they trade Human Values dignity for money ..i have personally experienced Racial descrimination