Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ray Elbe arrested

After Tiger muay thais head coach Ray elbe was arrested for not having a work permit and deported i was wondering if anybody knows if you need a work permit to fight in the stadiums in Phuket. I want to fight at some point but am worried if it counts as work as a purse is paid ?

Could i just fight for free so it counts as a hobby ?

Thanks guys

Re: Ray Elbe arrested

No, it doesn't count as working. The fights in Phuket are amateur, even though you receive a small purse.

fighting full thai rules 5x3mins with no padding is not amatuer at all its pro end of,,
ray getting deported is coz hes been over there for years n his visa as ran and he took his chances but didnt get awayy with

pro for a westerner maybe. im sure a thai would think otherwise!

so went does it go from being amatuer to pro seeing as there doing same amount of rounds and every thing is the same amatuer is when you have padding on
maybe amatuer coz the level of fighters ant the best n alot of 1st timers yeah but its still pro

Either way you won't get arrested for fighting at the local stadiums. It's not considered working, in the legal sense. So don't worry!

Any news about Ray? Saw him the other day riding his bike so he is not staying at immigration detention center nor has he been deported.

It's pretty quiet about this topic....

IT SEEMS TO HAVE GOT SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. I GUESS HE MUST HAVE PAID THE APPROPRIATE "FINES"...

MIKE
IT SEEMS TO HAVE GOT SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. I GUESS HE MUST HAVE PAID THE APPROPRIATE "FINES"...

Money talks..... Money talk