Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few Questions

Hee all! I did send an email a few days ago but I don't know if it came trough!

I am plannig to come to rawai end of march begin april. Depends on the prices of the flights. I have a few questions that are important for me to know.
I work on the internet and I need to work a few hours a day.

I saw you guys have wifi over at rawai, my question is. how descent is it? Can I work normaly or will there be like 100's of people using it? It has to go fast or else I get frustrated and start smashing my laptop on the ground. If you know what I mean. (well not like that but I figure you get the point )

I have checked on some pricings.

10.000 baht a month for training
5.000 baht for accomodation a month
6.000 baht for eating at restaurant

21.000 baht a month

What do you think I will spend extra besides this a month for a normal living in phuket? I don't need much, but I want to see some things as well on sundays? I just want to live budget, train and work! Well I need to know so I can put some money aside and see for how long I can stay.

Are there lockers in the rooms? I don't care a lott about my stuff besides from my laptop. So if I'm training or not around I want it to be in a secure place.

I'm want to come to rawai muaythai for atleast a month. And then See how I like it.

I Never did muay thai so I am a beginner with that. I did a year of westernboxing a while ago. Isn't this gonna be a problem?

How long can I stay in thailand? I read something about 3 months max!? But I read as well that you can make every month a visa run by plain to extend your stay for a month. And you don't need a visa at all.

I want to book a one way ticket and then see how long I want to stay.

I am also thinking about a detox program before I start training. But I will see about that when I get there!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Roman

ps. cant wait to book my flight!

Re: A few Questions

Anybody? !

I realy have no experience about this? And I can't wait to book my flight!

Thanks

Roman

Re: A few Questions

The WiFi is good but once everyone gets on it, it slows down. The trick is to be on it when the rest are either sleeping or at the beach!

The shared rooms cost 5,000 Baht per month. Keep in mind there are not many shared rooms so they get full quickly. As for the meal plan it covers 2 meals per day, 6 days a week. So you need to budget a bit more for food. You will need extra money for transport. Most students rent scooters to get around. These cost 4,500 Baht per month. We also have push bikes for rent.

All rooms have an electronic safe which is large enough for documents, money, and small electronics. Most laptops would not fit in them however. If you keep the doors locked when you leave things don't go missing, but in shared rooms you also depends on your roommates to lock the doors as well.

If you get a tourist visa in Holland you can stay in Thailand 60 days, and you can extend the visa for 30 days after that, here in Phuket Town. After 90 days you would have to go on a visa run which means you travel out of Thailand either by plane or by van/car. If you want to stay a long time you might want to apply for a 6 month or 1 year education non-immigrant visa at the Thai embassy near you. You will need an invitation letter from the camp which I can email you. Most consulates/embassies however, do not give more than 3 month non-immigrant visas. The only places that I know of that do offer the 1 year education visa are UK and Australia.

As for the detox I can take you to the detox center when you arrive and you can get all the details directly from them and you can decide whether or not you want to do their program.
Hope that helps,

Diana Campillo
Rawai Muay Thai